Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-13-2005, 04:41 PM

Default I have KK, what about him????

FT $0.50/$1.00

No reads on CO, only 2nd hand against him.

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB
preflop:
UTG calls, 4 folds, CO raises, Button folds, Hero reraises, BB folds, UTG limper folds, CO calls

flop : 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls

*put him on an Ace here, so lets see what the turn brings (hopefully a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or even better, a K).

turn : 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, CO checks

*OK, I now put him on a spade draw (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] perhaps) and he got his free card (good for him)

River : 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero???

**River seems like a great card and he raised me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: I have KK, what about him????

basically if you put him on a FD, there is no reason to bet this river as he's only folding.

i think i would have donk/folded the turn. if called on the turn, check/call the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 PM

A5? He woke up after checking the turn and raising the flop. He should have bet the turn with the A, but maybe he put you on an Ace with a better kicker than his 5, but not AK, etc. but not good enough to keep raising the flop. A10, AJ, or something. He hits two pair on the river, figures they are good and goes for it. Could be an A4 for the straight as well.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:53 PM

If you have no history I feel you have to call him here. After he shows you an ace you note him as a tricky player and play him differently next time.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 PM

This is a very strange river raise, your either WAOWB. Looks like he may have hit a str8 on the end with something like a/4s. But if he had an ace why the check on the turn?

I dont know this one is hard but I think I would fold on the account of the pot not being that big.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:07 PM

At these limits, he most likely has Ax or a smaller PP. Most weak internet players try to trap by checking the turn. They don't realize that in limit, all they are doing is costing themselves some BB's. They think that limit and no-limit are played the same, in the end it catches up with them. Only thing you can do is call the raise and hope he overvalued his Q's or 10's.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
basically if you put him on a FD, there is no reason to bet this river as he's only folding.

i think i would have donk/folded the turn. if called on the turn, check/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is an excellent line to defend against the free card and bet/folding the turn will allow you to be almost positively sure he has an A.

you could reraise the flop and see what he does. if he caps it probably means he has an A, although if he doesn't understand anything except "jam good draws" then a cap could still mean a flush draw.

I think absolute's line gives us the free card protection we need while finding out if an A is out against us for as cheaply as possible.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FT $0.50/$1.00

No reads on CO, only 2nd hand against him.

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB
preflop:
UTG calls, 4 folds, CO raises, Button folds, Hero reraises, BB folds, UTG limper folds, CO calls

flop : 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls

*put him on an Ace here, so lets see what the turn brings (hopefully a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or even better, a K).

turn : 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, CO checks

*OK, I now put him on a spade draw (Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] perhaps) and he got his free card (good for him)

River : 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero???

**River seems like a great card and he raised me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

*Grunch*

BTW I go for a check/raise on this flop to see if he 3-bets and adjust accordingly. I may need to get away from this line, though.

On the river, call. If he's bluffing, he folds; if he has an ace, he probably raises; and if he has something like QQ or JJ, he calls.

Since his calling of your river reraise is the least likely of the three cases, call and get the showdown.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:48 PM

I would guess he has an ace and tried to get clever on the turn. Maybe he hit a second pair. I suppose it's possible he was pushing the spade draw and thought the only way he could win the pot was to put a move on you on the river. I'd call and make a note on him for whatever he shows.

BBB
Old 12-13-2005, 08:21 PM

Ignoring the river action, I would check/call the river. Lots of players will (stupidly) play a weak Ace like this. So he's going to call a bet every time and also bet when you check to him, but you might induce a bluff from a busted spade draw when you check.
As you played it the river is a very easy fold.