Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: THE TOURNEY IS READY

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hes not worried about the cost, hes worried about them taking chips off the table and screwing up the tourney

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the only problem we could just have the match use 320bb instead of 300 right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well really the rake depends on how long the match takes which is impossible to predict. I think the UB play money tables will be satisfactory. What do other people think? Should other structures be allowed?
Old 12-09-2005, 04:52 PM

instead of deep stacked which is hard to set up, why not do best 2 out of 3 with 100bb stacks. Its much easier to set up and it still eliminates some of the variance.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:54 PM

Not that it would be a big deal, but rake could affect different styles differently to the point where it would give a certain style a minute advantage.

It's just so much easier keeping track and what not when there is no rake.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:55 PM

I definitely think this is a better structure.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
instead of deep stacked which is hard to set up, why not do best 2 out of 3 with 100bb stacks. Its much easier to set up and it still eliminates some of the variance.

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, good call. i dont want to debate what we do... whatever the ppl who set this up wanna do is cool, but this is clearly gonna make things way simpler.
i say we do this and avoid headaches.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
ya, good call. i dont want to debate what we do... whatever the ppl who set this up wanna do is cool, but this is clearly gonna make things way simpler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sweet idea.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:05 PM

i didnt mean to start a debate about the structure at this point. i took another look at the ub play money tables and there were a few open this time. i just didnt want to end up spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to get on a table. is there any easy way to get more play money chips? does anyone have a ton of these to transfer?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:13 PM

would it be too much to ask for for these ppl to post that they are going to be playing and where like 1/2hr-hr ahead of time?
Old 12-09-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a better way to do it. No rebuy until you go bust w/100 BBs. The winner of those 100BBs then keeps the 200BBs and the other guy buys in for another 100, and they play until somebody has all of the BBs. That way the loser of his stack can climb up to 150BBs, double up, and win.
I think this would allow for deepstack play if the guy makes a comeback while being no more difficult to set up than 2/3.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:58 PM

I think you need to clarify this a bit.