Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 02:02 AM

Default QQ: Raise/Re-Raise/Fold

100nl 6max on Stars. We're 4-handed.

Hero is button with $140. Villian is SB and covers. Villian is tricky, he is roughly 40/23, but this is the first time he has re-raised preflop that I've seen.

I've been raising probably 50% of my buttons since we went 4-handed.

I get QQ on the button. CO folds, I raise to $4, SB raises to $12, BB folds, I raise to $40, SB pushes, I fold.

Thoughts?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: QQ: Raise/Re-Raise/Fold

I dont particularly like that 3bet PF w. QQ because it puts u in a sticky situation if he goes all in. That's why I prefer to call and revaluate flop. If he is really that agressive he could be doing that with a large number of holdings, however even donkies pick up aces now and then.

If K or A falls on flop its tough decision but much easier to release your QQ there than to his 4bet all in preflop

just my 3 cents
Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 AM

Against a tricky opponent who raises 23% of his hands preflop, I'm not sure I can find a fold here. He could be getting "tricky" with TT since it's pretty obvious what your range is when you 3-bet.

Incidentally, in position here I'll often just call the 2-bet.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:08 AM

Not a big fan. Call the reraise. Basically, play for set value. Play carefully on all undercard board. Play carefully on an AK board. Basically, call and play pokah cuz you got position. His view of your hand is probably very wide and he won't put you on something strong like QQ.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:09 AM

Grunch,

How much are you willing commit on a nine high flop before folding postflop?

-Fink
Old 12-09-2005, 02:18 AM

I want to see the flop rather than 3 bet this. Even more so when it is the first hand a person has raised pre flop.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:18 AM

Well it's a little difficult to generalize. But on an uncoordinated 9-high flop I'll take his PSBs, maybe slightly less. I'm disinclined to reopen the betting. But if he checks the flop to me, I'll PSB myself & fold to a major reraise. If I bet & he calls, I'm often betting the turn again if I think it will get me a free river.

If the flop comes coordinated, my tolerance is decreased but I'm also more likely to raise than to call.

And just becasue I'm green doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about. Personally, I'm listening to ajmargarine... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:25 AM

ajm,

Same question I asked Grunch. Flop comes uncoordinated 9-high. He PSB. You're play?

-Fink
Old 12-09-2005, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ajm,

Same question I asked Grunch. Flop comes uncoordinated 9-high. He PSB. You're play?

-Fink

[/ QUOTE ]

Call probably and reevaluate turn. Maybe minraise and be done with putting serious money in the middle. Read dependent. The current way things have been going at the table the last x# of orbits play a part in how you'd play this hand probably (when you get short like this). I'm not opposed to calling him down.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:38 AM

Call first raise and use position. If you have PAHud I would look at his flop aggression and turn aggression as well as WTSD to decide my line postflop. What was your plan if he pulled a stop and go rather than pushed? What if he called and C/R'd you all in on a 7 high draw heavy flop?