Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-08-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Thoughts about a TT line...

*grunch*

I like the preflop raise.

Flop: I think the raise means he can't beat a pair of aces, and I like it as a free card play. If we pick up trips or a diamond draw we're probably in good shape.

Turn: free card. Dig it.

River: I don't think you can bet for value here. TAG-ish player raises in EP preflop and bets into an ace-high board. I'm thinking you're looking at a pair of jacks or maybe pocket Q's. Check behind and hope he has 5s.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:17 PM

grunch: yes

pre-flop: goot
flop: fold. we're behind almost always. We're talking about trying a free card for our 2-outer from a TAG who hit his AQ? I think we'd be lucky to not get 3-bet.
turn: now that we're here I agree with the check-behind
river: again I agree with a check behind. We are not folding his AJ if he fears us for AK. We just might get lucky if he shows down 99, but I highly doubt it.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the long face (read: could you explain the PF 3-bet)?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT has equity against lots of starting hands. we are likely to get it HU with pf-raiser, who most likely has unpaired big cards. So it is ~70% for the flop to miss him, and we have some fold equity when he checks to us on a missed flop. We can fairly easily muck if the flop hits him *ahem*.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:27 PM

Best play: Fold the flop
2nd best: Call the flop, fold the turn UI
3rd best: Raise the flop, bet the turn

I have no idea what you are trying to do here. The only reason to raise the flop is if you think your hand is good, but then you check behind on the turn/river. Seems to me that you don't care much for your hand when you check on blanks. Maybe that says something about the flop raise.

Also his flop bet almost always means he has an ace.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:48 PM

Grunch:

Your 3 bet pf and flop raise shut him down as you wanted. I think 2 broadway (possibly with a J) or AT suited are potential holdings (that you don't like). A mid pp is also possible that is now counterfieted by the board pair if villian puts you on an A. All in all, I like the check. NH
Old 12-08-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like 3-betting with TT preflop. I'd cold-call.

I am just starting to understand these marginal-hand raises and free-card plays, but this looks like a pretty decent spot for one. Hopefully villain will have KQ or some such nonsense, though I imagine at least a J or weak A here for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many TAGs pf raise with a weak A . . .
Old 12-08-2005, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the replies... like I said earlier, after looking over this again, I feel I most likely should have let it go when he lead into me after I 3-bet PF.

Anyhow, he turned over K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MHIG (miraculously!)
Old 12-08-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Same hand, different line.

Villain is 24/8, but not enough hands to really tell.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 checks</font>, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 12-08-2005, 10:02 PM

Default If he leads the river...

You fold instantly right? Not only is he ahead here most of the time but now you give him a nice chance to steal the pot when he does happen to be behind since your turn check says, "I don't have an Ace".
Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 AM

Sorry to sound like a broken Ipod here but... I would fold the flop.

When you show that much strength preflop and get bet into with an ace on the board your done. I think you got lucky with this one.