Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 05:19 AM

Default vertical mpuse-no-mx1000

on another forum someone posted about the hand position of a vertical mouse. and with the wrist sideways instead of wideways you have less carpul tunnel exposure.
using the mx1000 with your hand vertical like you were shaking someones hand is the same thing just with a much better mouse.
hold you fingers like you were holding a pencil with your middle finger over the roller. use your ring finger for the right click and your pointer findger for the left one. your thumb does the side buttons for back and forward.
the edge of your palm is on the table and you move the mouse with your arm instead of your wrist.
let me know if this works as an improvement.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: vertical mpuse-no-mx1000

No offense man, but geeks have known about this forever. I'm surprised at the posts I see lately, "Keep your forearm on the desk." Most gamers/geeks I know mouse like this and I assumed it was from birth.

So yeah kids, keep your wrist straight! I'm a construction worker who's beaten those particular RS injuries and I've moused successfully 2-20 hours a day (including a lot of quake) since 1996 by keeping my wrist straight.