Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Seinfeld

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think it's funny, posting here and forcing us to hurl insults at you for having zero sense of humor isn't going to change anything.

That said, although I find nearly every episode awesome, the first couple seasons aren't the nonstop laugh riots of the later ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mind having a zero sense of humour where american "comedies" are concerned, I didnt find any of Frasier funny although I did find some Friends episodes mildly amusing and Simpsons and South Park are very good.

I'll add season 3 to my queue and see how it goes.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get seasion 3 next. "The parking garage" was the first episode I ever saw when it first aired and I was hooked.

[/ QUOTE ]

that parking garage episode is horrible. you probably like that chinese restaurant one too eh? all one scene, i can't stand those ones.

as for season 1, it's not the best. i saw some seinfeld reunion classic or something...i forget what it was called. but basically the directors/actors said the turning point of the series was the episode when kramer hit the golf ball into the ocean, and george "the marine biologist" had to save that whale. i can't remember the details of the episode exactly, but they said the idea just came to them, and it first it seemed so ridiculous, but they realized messed up intertwining of stories like this was hilarious so they ran with it.

back to the parking garage episode. apparently kramer's car was supposed to start when they were leaving...but it really didn't work. they thought it was funnier that way, so they just left it like that. apparently this is when they realized the show was going to be "something special"
Old 11-28-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

that parking garage episode is horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2005, 10:29 AM

That was the key to the series for me (in the later years). It was incredible how they could fit multiple extremely diverse storylines into a half hour show, AND somehow have them all end up coming together at the end.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:08 AM

I always found the quality of the humor in Seinfeld was directly related to the quality of Elaine's hair. At the very begginning it was all frizzy and curly and frumpy. Then it moves towards a decent wet perm, and finally she straightens it and starts to get attractive, and the show gets funnier on an unrelated note.

My advice to the OP, the first couple seasons have a few moments but really drag. But if you can stick with it until season 3 or 4 and get into it, you have some 5 or 6 more seasons of awesome work that you will really enjoy.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always found the quality of the humor in Seinfeld was directly related to the quality of Elaine's hair. At the very begginning it was all frizzy and curly and frumpy. Then it moves towards a decent wet perm, and finally she straightens it and starts to get attractive, and the show gets funnier on an unrelated note.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reverse Peephole?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My advice to the OP, the first couple seasons have a few moments but really drag. But if you can stick with it until season 3 or 4 and get into it, you have some 5 or 6 more seasons of awesome work that you will really enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting view. I did not find "straight hair" Elaine particularly attractive.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:39 PM

George makes the show. The show would be nothing without George, and to a lesser extent, Kramer. Newman has some golden moments too.

There are so many awesome shows. Of the top of my head, the marble rye, the frogger arcade game, the soup nazi, the one where George tries to get fired, the marine biologist, the one where that fried chicken joint opens across the street, the one where Kramer and Newman play Risk, and the list goes on and on.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting view. I did not find "straight hair" Elaine particularly attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was always quite hot IMO.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She was always quite hot IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]