Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you own an octagon shaped table?
Yes, if the price were right. 49 30.43%
No 56 34.78%
Yes 56 34.78%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: you see that the preflop raiser has QQ. You have T8s. You...

[ QUOTE ]
i am not playing this hand to get him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's a huge part of the reason why calling here is a good play.

A or K flops about 1/3 of the time... most people are pretty easy to push off their hand at that point.

My intuition tells me that it's much move +EV when facing QQ here than KK/AA, because you still stack them just about as often when you improve, but you also get some good flops that make it real easy to push them off when you're behind.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think T8s breaks QQ often enough to make it worthwhile with these stacks if he won't fold regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]
help me understand. you are leaning more towards raising which just inflates the pot with a hand that you say doesn't break QQ enough to make it worthwhile with these stacks?

why not keep the pot small and try to hit two pair, some kind of big draw, etc? i didn't pay attention to table position, is it the rest of the table that bothers you b/c personally i would rather the other players bloat the pot instead of myself when holding a hand like a suited one-gapper.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:49 PM

I would raise against a 2+2 player, because I could get heads-up and possibly make him fold on a A/K-high flop. I would call if the players behind are bad or passive. I would fold if the table is loose and doesn't like to fold.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:00 PM

your not very nice....i would fold. be honest, the integrity of the game is on the line, wheres the honesty in poker
Old 11-20-2005, 08:04 PM

this is an ethical question as well--obviously calling is best but is it ethical? Isn't this cheating?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is an ethical question as well--obviously calling is best but is it ethical? Isn't this cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure the focus of this thread is NOT about the ethics of this, but on a purely strategical view.

if you want to discuss the ethics of this, post it in B&M or something.

i think i call here.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:08 PM

i just dont see why this was originally posted if the basis is purely strategical...its such an obvious call.......you will have a tremendous postflop advantage that folding would be retarded.....
Old 11-20-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he blantently flashed his cards (meaning i wasnt leaning over and caught a look on accident), then i would continue playing the hand with the info and a hand or two later ,if he was still flashing his cards id say something about it.)

if he keeps doing it after that, well, he sure be more careful.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:40 PM

strategy view, EASY call, withe the stack sizes I don't raises unless he's the type of player that if I reraise he'll just call, and on any Axx Kxx or Jxx flop I'll take it away.

on the ethical part, I play a live limit game 10/20 a lot, and there is actually a "lot of card flashing." Due to players being drunk or just not caring. If someone is drunk and having a good time, and bringing that up would make them "come back down to earth" I just won't look and not tell them. If they're someone I don't like (about 2 in the game usually) I just cheat (yes I know it's unethical, but I detest these 2 so much, if they dropped there wallet I would take the money and give it to a homeless person, (returning the DL and credit cards etc.) If it's vs. a normal accidental card flasher I would just quitely tell them once, if they do it again, I would take full advantage of it.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:44 PM

Im never folding... Depending how well I know the player its either a very close call, a very easy call, or a very easy raise.