Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-20-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Hand one of three/ Party MDG hands (again be calm with me as I learn)

Probably standard to most, but these are the hands I wrote down so I wanted to post them and get some feedback.

1st Hand

blinds 100/200 I have T2905

UTG (T3205)(no read) limps, folded to me in BB and I check with K4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6c, 9s, Kh ]

I bet 300, UTG raises to 600

My plan, and what should I be thinking here?

I figured I was toast to some king he had no business limping with. However, a thought also entered my mind that these limpers seem to put up a fight when a blind bets out.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Hand one of three/ Party MDG hands (again be calm with me as I learn)

fold

you have top pair no kicker and little chance of improvment. he's not raising you with a draw.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Hand one of three/ Party MDG hands (again be calm with me as I learn)

[ QUOTE ]
fold

you have top pair no kicker and little chance of improvment. he's not raising you with a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that is so obvious BB versus limper. I think this is read dependent.

I would probably check the flop, with the option to fold, call, or checkraise.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Hand one of three/ Party MDG hands (again be calm with me as I lea

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that is so obvious BB versus limper. I think this is read dependent.

I would probably check the flop, with the option to fold, call, or checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would almost always check the flop here. There is no draw so I would tend to check-call the flop and either lead the turn or just continue to check-call (or check-fold, depending on his turn bet size).

Steve
Old 11-20-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured I was toast to some king he had no business limping with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fairly solid player could limp with KK, KQ, KJs, or JTs. I loose fish might limp with all sorts of kings. A LAG could limp with anything, but is not that likely to have a king. People don't usually call raises with kings, but they do limp with kings, particularly fish.

The limper could have anything. If he has a king, a set, or AA, you are pretty much crushed. The probability is that you are ahead, but the limper will try to represent he has hit any flop, particularly if there are high cards. This is also a classic bluffing flop.