Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: PROPOSAL (this affects you guys, please read): mid- and high- foru

Right now we are getting a lot of 2/4 up to 4/8 (b and m) posts in ML. And I don't have a problem with that (I'm a ML mod for those of you that don't know). Occasionally Entity has been known to post a higher limit hand he thought would help out some of the guys there. At the same time, the overwhelming consensus is to split mid high -- so it's probably a good idea.

But for the record, and LHE poker related content is welcome in ML. Hell, you can come post a 100/200 hand if you want and explain the complex nuances if you want! In fact, I would love it if you did! (This is not to suggest that it goes the other way of course -- no .5/1 is high limit obviously, since that would not have much to offer.)

I guess I'm saying that the most important thing, regardless of limit, is substantive content. Obviously, the higher the limit the more advanced the content, hence the reason for splitting up forums. There are limit lines yes, but is it really the end of the world if they remain blurry?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:00 AM

ill post some hands in the microlimit forums explaining my thoughts if itll help some other players out. i feel a little silly posting a hand teaching others how to play rather than posting a hand for my own benefit. it doesnt feel right to me. also, i think that if microlimit players want to learn how higher limit players think they could just read higher limit forums. of course by higher limit players posting hands in their territory they can feel comfortable asking questions and receiving feedback which im sure can be helpful.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:08 AM

As a new 10/20 player, I like this very, very much. I think 10/20 is much closer to 20/40 than it is to 2/4. And I'd like to be able to read the 20/40 hands that aren't being posted in preparation...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:12 AM

I definetely think that 10/20 , 15/30, and 20/40 should have their own place. I've been hesitant about where to post a 20/40 hand and I doubt everyone in the small stakes forum has the experience to answer questions about those limits.

Anything above 30/60 should definetely be considered "high" stakes.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 AM

I would GREATLY appreciate this. I read MH and post some here (I don't post in MH -- just lurk quite a bit). Many of the posts I make in ML are instructive hands and essay posts for newer guys. (Why you don't open limp in LP, etc.) I'm a teacher by nature (have a degree in education, former middle school teacher, and am aspiring to be a college professor currently writing my dissertation), so I enjoy it. Laying stuff out helps me grasp it better myself.

I think there should be some exchange between the forums, though obviously there is some trickle down tendencies (naturally). I don't think we should ghetto-ize ourselves into our forums.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a new 10/20 player, I like this very, very much. I think 10/20 is much closer to 20/40 than it is to 2/4. And I'd like to be able to read the 20/40 hands that aren't being posted in preparation...

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest issue where is that people who have been playing 2/4 and 3/6 forever consider SS "home". I hope this doesn't reak of ego, but the fact that I play 3/6 has a lot more to do with spending and my frequency of play than my ability (I hope) and I wouldn't welcome the (very logical) move of 2/4 and 3/6 into the micro limits.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been hesitant about where to post a 20/40 hand and I doubt everyone in the small stakes forum has the experience to answer questions about those limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:28 AM

do you think the family like atmosphere of small stakes might actually stunt the growth of some players as they fear the idea of moving up and out of the 3/6 birdnest?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 AM

I don't think this is a concern. The people who call this forum "home" still post 15/30 here. The people who care about posting in "cool" forums post them in mid-high. Such is life.

I do think there's a ton of SS players who should move up though, but that's just because I have liberal ideas about bankroll and think that the lower limits tend to be a lousy learning environment if you want to get good at poker (being both a low limit player and potentially bad at poker, I am likely just making things up here).
Old 11-16-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: PROPOSAL (this affects you guys, please read): mid- and high- forums

[ QUOTE ]
Thus, the proposal is that rather than having small and mid-high, we would have small, mid and high. The new mid-stakes forum would be for roughly 10/20 through 20/40 limits. The new high forum would be for roughly 30/60 and up, making it very similar to today's midhigh forum. In my opinion, this change will actually have a larger affect on small stakes than on midhigh.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]