Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Adam the Expert at C-bury

Played 4-8 with this guy last night.
WOW.
I had never heard of him before. He NEVER stopped talking. It was getting really annoying. It was clear he understood poker, but his stories sounded like total BS. (He played in some game in Alaska with an uncapped rake where he contributed $134 of rake in one hand???)

I googled him today and see that when he said he had written over 1300 "articles" on poker he apparently meant posts on internet forums.

So what is his mental illness, exactly? How does he play? He seemed loose preflop but decent after that. But he busted his $93 after only about an hour so my sample was small. (Didn't buy in for the full 100 because he needed 7 for a cab ride home.)

I was glad to see him go. I'm all for knuckleheads at the table, but this guy was too much.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Didn't really know where to put it.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Adam the Expert at C-bury

This the guy that wears a towel around his head? I played some 15/30 with him one time if it was. He bought in for like 4 different chips. Blue, the orange, red and the 10 dollars chips. He used them to tip the dealers depending how good they are.. pretty lol.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 PM

I don't think he's just at Canterbury. I've played with him many times in many places, but he usually has on a disguise.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:54 PM

I saw him earlier in the year at St. Croix in Turtle Lake WI. I don't know what you guys mean about towels and disguises. He is heavy and had no disguise. He looks like a Trekkie who lives in his mom's basement. Maybe he also plays too much Magic...

But yes, he believes he is a know-it-all and will let everyone at the table know how stupid they are in his opinion. No people skills. No poker skills. No common sense.

Contrary to what I am here, I'm ok in person. So basically I just watched and listened as the other players at the table mocked him and argued with him.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw him earlier in the year at St. Croix in Turtle Lake WI. I don't know what you guys mean about towels and disguises. He is heavy and had no disguise. He looks like a Trekkie who lives in his mom's basement. Maybe he also plays too much Magic...

But yes, he believes he is a know-it-all and will let everyone at the table know how stupid they are in his opinion. No people skills. No poker skills. No common sense.

Contrary to what I am here, I'm ok in person. So basically I just watched and listened as the other players at the table mocked him and argued with him.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is him. No towels.

You summed him up pretty well. I was sitting next to him and was mostly silent or politely chuckled at his stories. He did berate people but no one said anything. Basically he killed any fun that people were having, though, by continually mentioning how dumb a game limit holdem is. I almost got a table change, but it was clear he was going to bust relatively soon.

He clearly has some issues.

I laughed at one thing: This harmless lady was down to her last few chips so she laid out a big bill on the table. Dealer called for checks. Meanwhile she won a hand. She went to put the $100 bill back in her purse since she didn't really need it anymore (the dealer made her keep it out). Adam almost had a heart attack. "That's the most unbelievable thing I've seen in 20 years of poker. She puts out the 100, wins the pot, then has the nerve to try and put the 100 back in her pocket. That is RICH." You'd think she got caught with an ace up her sleeve.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:27 PM

i have no idea who this guy is, and i play there a lot.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the first time I've seen him, but I only play there twice a month. Google "adam the expert." Seems to be quite a character. Looks like he was posting here in omaha back in July.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:40 PM

search "ADAMTHEXPERT" (no double-E) on cardplayer.com forums if you have nothing better to do.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has made some incredibly dumb posts of these forums as well as other forums.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has made some incredibly dumb posts of these forums as well as other forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

He made my ignore list faster than just about anyone.