Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-13-2005, 01:36 AM

Default What is your sixth street play?

Maybe this is obvious? Both villains are too loose for their own good, which may partially explain the fifth street bet.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (3.10 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.55 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (7.55 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___???
Old 11-13-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: What is your sixth street play?

This is an interesting spot. I think I am going to call this down, I think the downside of being behind far outways the upside when you are ahead.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:59 AM

I would raise here. A three is dead and it is likely a 5 is dead also, since the better looks to have a straight and can only do so with another 5. If you raise you will get called by the 5 seat and also the 4 seat. I just don't think he is full, and if you agree with that, the best choice is to maximize your win with a raise on 6th. That's is at least what I would do here. And they will both call you to the river. Hopefully the 4 seat won't fill up with his hidden pair.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:14 AM

Automatic raise. Don't even think about just calling. The 3355 would have to be playing very strange to be full here, and if he is, just give him the $. He likely has just the 2 pair, or maybe 3 pair, and you don't want him to try and draw out on you for one bet. If you don't raise this spot, play bingo.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:28 AM

Why are you uncertain what about this one? What did you actually do?
Old 11-13-2005, 02:35 AM

I like the call, myself. If seat 4 raises, I will lay my hand down to his full house. But the chance of this happening is very slim. I don't mind keeping him in to try his 2 card draw. I will wait until the river to raise.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:38 AM

Definitely raise 6th street to prevent the 2 pair from getting the correct odds to draw to a full house. If he makes it 3 bets fold.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:53 AM

if you bet on fifth with nothing against that many loose players....

I'd raise sixth because that (appeared) straight isn't going anywhere. If the two pair guy has one of the only two cards in the hole (one 3 is dead and that other guy is representing a 5 in his hand) [Also I don't think he has three 3's] I'd be surprised. I doubt the straight is folding so I'd raise--it's way easier getting an extra bet from someone who has any outs and might suckout on you.

Or just call and raise the river (but I can't see two pair calling that)

Here's raise scenario
straight extra bet

call scenario raise river
two extra bets potentially (from the two pair guy and one from the straight guy on the river)

I don't know how often that the latter will happen unless I have at least a decent read on that player.

edit--I think the two pair guy has three pair and I would want that to pay to catch.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:04 AM

Frappeboy: You don't have to raise to keep seat 4 from getting proper odds. He's only on a 2 card draw if seat 5 has a straight, which he obviously does. The raise will likely drive him out, but you will add more + EV by letting him make the bad call. Right?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Frappeboy: You don't have to raise to keep seat 4 from getting proper odds. He's only on a 2 card draw if seat 5 has a straight, which he obviously does. The raise will likely drive him out, but you will add more + EV by letting him make the bad call. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]\

He may have a pocket pair and have 4 outs.

He may call the double bet with whatever he has.

Not even close----Raise.