Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-09-2005, 12:02 PM

Default stud high: hidden kings

I'm having a rough night at HE, so it seems like a perfect time to take a shot at 10/20. And there was even a somewhat juicy game waiting for me! Good times.

Seat 5 is multitabling the 10/20 games, and seems solid at the least. Seat 3 is new to the table and unknown.

On 5th, I raised with the intention of forcing out seat 5 and taking a free card on 6th unimproved. Is that a good plan for 6th? My board is so non scary that he might be leading into me with a pretty weak holding.

On 7th, I thought for a long time before calling.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (10.40 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (6.70 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (10.70 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

River - (10.70 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (12.70 BB)
Old 11-09-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: stud high: hidden kings

I like it through 5th street (including the raise). On 6th, your opponent gave you a gift by checking, but it was probably a greek gift. I don't even think I can pay off the river after hitting two pair here. It seems like a donation to aces up.

Jeff
Old 11-09-2005, 12:13 PM

If my opponent bricks 6th, what's your play? Free card and get to showdown, or a bet?

Thanks,
Old 11-09-2005, 12:16 PM

Nah, I'd bet it again personally. Your opponent took a lot of heat on 3rd so maybe he has some kinda pocket pair you beat and decided to bet it on 5th for whatever reason b/c your board is ragged. Plus, it's not that big a deal since you won't be checkraised unless he has a monster and you will act last on the river. That way you can opt for a free showdown there or bet again if you hit the ups. That's me though...I'd rather bet in case I'm ahead and even if not, I don't think it's that big a deal on this hand. Your mileage may vary.

Jeff
Old 11-09-2005, 02:55 PM

I like every street through 6th. And in the heat of battle, I'd probably make the crying call on 7th as well. Having a bit of time to look at it, it seems like an easy fold against Aces up or a runner runner flush.

I've had my nose in SCSFAP for the last couple of weeks, and I'm pretty sure Ray Zee would give you a thumbs up for getting it heads-up on 5th. However, he'd probably tell you to not let Seat 3 catch that Ace on 6th. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]