Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-09-2005, 02:25 AM

Default The $12 read...check.

(No converter or HH with this site)
I started the table HU, and the last to sit is a regular-decent TAG player, but is very weak after the flop.(guess hes not a real TAG, more like a TAG with weak tendencies) He will never chase overs or weak draws, regardless of the pot size. I've played him everyday for 2 weeks, and I can never seem to extract much money from him.

Widely-unknown poker site $3/$6 8 handed
Hero is MP2 with AA. Folded to hero who raises.
Folded to Villian in BB who calls.

-flop-
Jh2s2h

(The most I can hope for is that he has the flush draw. This is the ONLY way Im going to extract any significant amount of money from him, besides the J which I cant see him in this position with any kind of J. JJ would have been rerasied preflop, and he wouldnt eben play AJ here. He's a "monster laydown" kind of guy.

Villian checks, Hero Checks

-turn-Ac

Villian checks, (Id put a good bet out there that this guys mouse is over the fold button.)Hero checks.
-river- Kh
Villian bets, Hero raises, Villian calls and mucks hand.
6BB pot.

Against an unknown I would at least lead here, but I absolutely knew he would fold if I bet out. Is this what Negreanu is talking about with his "situational" but most of the time, incorrect plays?

I asked what he had and he says KQ. I believe him, thinking about the board theres no way he wouldnt bet out with a non-threatening board with a pocket pair. He wouldnt bluff K high, and didnt bet the A. The only thing Im left with is KQ.
Either way, I think I extracted the most possible, what do you guys think?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: The $12 read...check.

he would fold aj but call with kq?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:38 AM

He folded preflop in BB once to my obvious steal and showed me AJ offsuit. I didnt say he was bright. Just hard to figure out how to play him. PT isnt supported here so dont know his stats.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:46 AM

Bet the flop. He is truly a moron if he doesnt suspect something when you check behind on the flop and turn, especially when the Ace hits on the turn.

He plays everyday with you for weeks and I bet this isnt your standard line against him with AA.