Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Trying to inch up my VPIP

All comments appreciated. Is my position too early for this one to raise pre-flop? Flop ok, or cap it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (14 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 11-08-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Trying to inch up my VPIP

Nice hand.

[ QUOTE ]
All comments appreciated. Is my position too early for this one to raise pre-flop? Flop ok, or cap it?

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I think you might be posting a different hand that you think you are.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Trying to inch up my VPIP (Nevermind -- NC)

[ QUOTE ]

I think you might be posting a different hand that you think you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, now that I look at it again, it seems pretty standard. Should have capped the flop.

Disregard -- I'll try to update the subject to reflect NC.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:09 PM

Too early??? Unless the converter went wonky, you're the button. If they accidentally deal me the jokers they forgot to remove from the deck, on the button I'm raising. KJ suited is an auto-frickin-matic value raise from there.

Everything looks standard. You extracted as much as you're going to from this hand.

EDIT: Okay, now that it's fixed, I'd still play it the same way, waiting for hearts to flop before going crazy.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Trying to inch up my VPIP (Nevermind -- NC)

Don't sweat it dude. I remember when I first started out I would post the most straightforward hands too. When you are learing to play correctly it still FEELS weird -- I remember. Really, it's cool. Don't bother editing yr post either -- it's not a huge deal.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:21 PM

I would have played the same
Old 11-08-2005, 09:56 PM

One interesting point here in response to Ignigotktiqtzkt's post: there are some cases where I'd be more inclined to raise when I'm one off the button as opposed to on it. This is for the purpose of buying the button when I'm in a pretty EV neutral siutation. A good example is that I'd usually limp ATo OTB with a bunch of non-craptacular limpers, but raise it from the CO. It's not that common, and I wouldn't get too carried away with it, but it's food for thought.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One interesting point here in response to Ignigotktiqtzkt's post: there are some cases where I'd be more inclined to raise when I'm one off the button as opposed to on it. This is for the purpose of buying the button when I'm in a pretty EV neutral siutation. A good example is that I'd usually limp ATo OTB with a bunch of non-craptacular limpers, but raise it from the CO. It's not that common, and I wouldn't get too carried away with it, but it's food for thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes very true in a general sense

but limping behind 2random hands that checked in either the CO or BTN is bad in this hand

I still want to know how you plan on capping a nonexistant flop3bet
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I still want to know how you plan on capping a nonexistant flop3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather forget all about this post, but I meant, "should I have capped pre-flop?"

Again, disregard.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes very true in a general sense

but limping behind 2random hands that checked in either the CO or BTN is bad in this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I should've been more specific. OP's gotta raise here. Consider that maybe we should raise from CO more in other situations.