Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Comments on all streets appreciated

Table was typical loose/passive Party micro table.

Did I mess any street up horribly? Raise the flop? How about the turn?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
Old 11-05-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Comments on all streets appreciated

Raise the flop.
Raise the turn.

You're only getting play from flushes,7's and maybe bigger PP (unlikely due to preflop) . Both are coming no matter how much money goes in.

If the T was the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I'd like the flop call.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:12 AM

1st time grunching!

Don't see much worng with the way you played it, you managed to build a nice pot with your flopped boat.

I think I might have been tempted to slow play and check the flop with the flush draw on the board, in the hope that someone hits a flush and really pays me off, which SB appears to have done here!

Mat

Pretty easy flop 3-bet because nobody's folding for any amount of SB's on this board.
I don't have a problem w/ the turn call - it's doubtful anybody's calling 2 BB's cold without the flush. Plus, a low flush will raise behind us allowing us to 3-bet, where as they might just coldcall if we raise.

[ QUOTE ]

If the T was the T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I'd like the flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that change the flop play to a call?
Old 11-05-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If the T was the T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I'd like the flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that change the flop play to a call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I edited the post.
Non suited board is what I meant.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I edited the post.
Non suited board is what I meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ok. Makes sense now.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.
Raise the turn.

You're only getting play from flushes,7's and maybe bigger PP (unlikely due to preflop) . Both are coming no matter how much money goes in.

If the T was the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I'd like the flop call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, you really should 3-bet this flop no matter what the suit here.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:27 AM

*grunch*

any 7 and flush draws are coming regardless, as was said, raising on the flop again will probably disguise your hand a bit more and make it look like you have AA-QQ and either you aren't fearing a 7 or are too reckless to consider that it is out there.

No one is going to suspect you have TT here and fold and as Miller says in SSHE, playing monster hands well isn't that hard. Finding every last bet with a hand like this is less important than finding and fixing other leaks, just something to consider.

I also agree, if the flop was 3 suited I'd probably just call the flop raise, but with potential flush draws out, they aren't folding and they'll pay through the nose to see the river.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:33 AM

Hi Baloosh you really need to get in more bets on the flop and turn i wouldn't worry to much about overcalls. Just bet and raise your hand is pretty well concealed and a seven or flush draw is gonna pay you off nicely.