Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Bluff this river?

Don't know much about opponent other than stats.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB <font color="green">(40/3/1.2/42)</font> calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Bluff this river?

for some reason this decision is very interesting to me. I am going to dick around with the numbers and be back in a little bit.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:45 AM

Check it through. He's likely putting you on overcards and probably won't fold any pair. He is loose and could have called with a hand that has a five or six and I don't think he'll fold it. He could have a T8 or T7 and be afraid of being outkicked. He might fold a king or an ace, but I don't know if this will be his holding and happen enough to invest another bet.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:45 AM

You give him 7:1 pot odds.
Do you think he can fold A-high?
Otherwise your bluff bet has some value if he folds K-high (KJ or KQ) and you win half a pot if he folds QJ.
I'm not sure but even the possibility of him folding these hands together with the big odds for the bluff make it worthwhile (?)
Old 10-31-2005, 04:47 AM

Check.

I can't find any hands he'll fold here that you're ahead of, A high maybe but most of these guys will fold the turn I would think. My guess is he has some pair or has just picked up a third nine.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:47 AM

honestly, i would never ever bet here. but that doesn't mean im right. i just know that with my luck i will be called down whenever i bet and whenever i check he will have K high.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:50 AM

i don't tihnk there is anything that called the flop and turn that is gonna fold this river, so i think i would just check..
Old 10-31-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't find any hands he'll fold here that you're ahead of

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would I want him to fold hands that I'm ahead of?
Old 10-31-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't tihnk there is anything that called the flop and turn that is gonna fold this river, so i think i would just check..

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. I'm not saying a bet is right, but I don't agree with this statement at all. I think KQ/KJ/QJ call this river almost never.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:12 PM

I'd check this. He is a loose-passive donk according to his stats and will fold a pair probably never. THere aren't that many draws on this board either. Basically you're hoping he folds unpaired A or K-high and I don't think he has those often enough AND folds them to make a bet here worth it. I think more times than 1 in 8 he has a crappy pair or even an ace he won't fold. If he has some lousy low card straight draw you're winning anyway.