Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 10-27-2005, 11:01 AM

Default What to do with those 6s

I'm always confused as to what to do with those hands with 6s in them, like 3456x, 24566, etc. I've been drawing one, but I wanted to know what posters here generally do with these hands. Should I be throwing that 6 away and drawing 2 if my opponent is drawing 1? What about if my opponent draws 2, should I just draw 1?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: What to do with those 6s

depends a lot of the number of opponents actually.. HU I keep both hands all the time and draw 1, full ring I keep the second hand and draw 1 but I play 3456 with cautious...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:54 PM

I really don't like playing 3456, because you have eliminated 8 cards that can help, and if you don't catch an 8 you don't have a hand you feel comfortable with.

A 1 card draw hand with a 2 and a 6 I will always play although in the example you give the 3 is dead. But it's still a much better hand to draw to than 3456.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always confused as to what to do with those hands with 6s in them, like 3456x, 24566, etc. I've been drawing one, but I wanted to know what posters here generally do with these hands. Should I be throwing that 6 away and drawing 2 if my opponent is drawing 1? What about if my opponent draws 2, should I just draw 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

With a 2 in my hand I never discard the 6 (except 23456). This is something of a leak. (I don't play 26xxx unless it's free.) Whether my opponent is drawing 1 or 2 doesn't make a difference to me, but I should point out that since your draw is somewhat weaker (it's an 8-out draw rather than a 12-out to an 8) you should be happy to get a free card from another 1-card draw. The best way to do that is to be drawing one as well.

With 3456 I almost always dump the 6. If you get a 2 or a 7, your best cards, then you will need to dump the 6 anyway. If you get an 8 you still have 11 outs to improve. I would only draw one vs. an opponent who drew 3 and will fold if he bricks, as a semi-snow.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:39 AM

I don't play 3456x unless in in the BB, but yea I chuck the 6 when it gets played. Same if I nail a 6 high straight pre draw.

24566 draw 1 even if he's at 1, yea you're probably behind but you're basically drawing to the same cards, drawing two cards you'd be much more of a dog I'd imagine. I heart position. If he's at 2, draw one as well.

Once you get a little playing experience hands with 6's AND A DEUCE are quality weapons, they just require a little more judgement to play.