Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-18-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: ten years ago I never thought I would be saying this in 2005. . .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Her producer, Jon Brion, is also awesome. He produced her other albums and the "first version" of Extraordinary Machines. He's also produced / collaborated with Kanye West (Late Registration), Aimee Mann, David Byrne, as well as the soundtracks for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and all of PT Anderson's movies. Dude is sick talented. Check out his credits-

Jon Brion Producer Credits

His solo album, Meaningless, is really good (heavily Beatles influenced) and for LA folk, he performs a weekly show at Largo (on Fairfax, across the street from Canter's) which is an awesome show.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Fiona Apple is really, really good. . . "

discuss. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Back then did you think Tidal being that awesome was just a fluke?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 PM

I like her cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

It might actually be Tori Amos.. if it is then I guess I' m a dick. If not then I guess Fiona Apple is pretty cool.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: ten years ago I never thought I would be saying this in 2005. . . .

first all of, this is what you originally said: "A gorgeus girl who can actually sing/write her own songs that are all euphamisms." even though she uses some euphemisms, all her songs are not euphemisms - that is just a lyrical device and does not alone justify why she is good, as you had made it appear. I have only listened to the whole album twice so I have yet to break it down like you have, even though you probably just read a review and quoted it, but anyways. . .

I was not offended by your Copernicus term. I found it arrogant and unnecessary, but anyways. You said "Seriously, you said something insanely obvious, what kind of response were you expecting?" I expected positive ones, like most have turned out to be, as well as negative ones, like "You should seriously consider killing yourself." So, I guess it's not all that obvious. And please, for the love of God, learn how to spell and if you are going to try to successfully attack someone's intellgence, I strongly suggets that you learn to spell and that you learn that "your" is not "you're," and when you make this 3rd grade mistake you put yourself in the bottom 10th percentile. . .
Old 10-18-2005, 01:29 PM

That is tori amos, but fiona does a good cover of Across the Universe by the Beatles. . .
Old 10-18-2005, 01:36 PM

"Back then did you think Tidal being that awesome was just a fluke?"

It was not so much that I thought it was a fluke, but this is what I thought when that album came out: Criminal was a good song; Shadowboxer was okay; she was very young; there were rumors she didn't write all the songs or music or both, and I still have no idea if there was any truth to that; she made a ridiculous speech about turkeys that made her remind me of the most annoying girls at my college.

It wasn't when When the Pawn came out that I started to believe. . .
Old 10-18-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the music video for "Criminal" is the hottest music video of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i might have to give shakira the nod for this title, but 'Criminal' is a close second.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the music video for "Criminal" is the hottest music video of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i might have to give shakira the nod for this title, but 'Criminal' is a close second.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just watched the video again, and I changed my mind. wow she's sexy.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: ten years ago I never thought I would be saying this in 2005. . . .

Dude you are a douche bag. You put yourself in the absolute moron category when you argue with someone over a CD you have only heard twice, and about an artist where you have no idea what you are talking about. All her songs being euphAmisms does justify why she is good, becuase it makes her songs hot. It also makes her song writing a few steps above "hit me baby one more time". And yes, I just quoted a review, I read a review of the album in Rolling Stone that said you are a douche bag, good one. Seriously, you are the ultimate form of douche, when you lose an argument becuase it turns out you were to dense to realize something, you say the other person probably just read the fact that you are wrong somwhere else. You were wrong, you got owned. It happens. Move on. I strongly suggest you learn to from a coherent non runo-on sentence without 4 and's, one which began said sentence, before you criticize someone's spelling Mr. English teacher.