Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 12:58 AM

Default What is my flop accion?

Button has been at the table for 23 hands. i have not seen him show down a hand. his stats after the small sample are 43/30/1.75.

SB is 82/6/something. 25 hands or so before this he 3-bet bluffed me w/ 98 on a 6J653 river. i didn't note it because i already had this on him:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>called 84hh on J56T f/t to hit rvr 8.
raised TT6 flop w/ J3. TERRIBLE.
no rvbet in pos wn i ckd to him HU. T3 on AT657
-capd K92cc flop 3-w w/ A5cc.
-dbet K3 on A93Q trn 3-w into pfr'r and fl clr.</pre><hr />

UTG is 35/0/1, and is pretty bad. a few hands ago he just called QQ out of the SB to my raise and just called my flop bet on 955. Here are my notes on this player:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>bet TT all streets on QJ6A8 board oop hu.
will play big hands passively pf and on flop.</pre><hr />

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero ???
Old 10-18-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: What is my flop accion?

With just 6 SB in the pot and two "takers" with one left to act, I would be surprised if anybody advocated anything other than folding, regardless of any reads.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With just 6 SB in the pot and two "takers" with one left to act, I would be surprised if anybody advocated anything other than folding, regardless of any reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll advocate calling. Your J outs need to be factored in to that 6:1, and the implied odds on your gutshot are very good, because any A will be married to the idiot end of that straight.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:54 AM

I'll guestimate something like 3 outs for the GS, 2 for the jacks, and .5 for the 6 for a total of 5.5 outs. I personally fold but I'm a tight one, and if I'm wrong about the outs it would only take half of an out to an out more to swing it to a call IMO. How many outs does everyone give us for the GS, good overcard, and shady overcard?

Edit: I don't really factor in implied odds much when we're barely getting the odds to call currently and alot of our outs are shady, vulnerable to redraws and could be making a second best hand.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:05 AM

I would give you about 6 outs, so I would peel.

Edit: 6 outs may be a bit too many. Probably closer to 5, but I still think this is a peel.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:31 AM

Default What is my turn accion?

[ QUOTE ]
regardless of any reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaha

[ QUOTE ]
the implied odds on your gutshot are very good

[/ QUOTE ]
this is 100% true.

now, naturally i wouldn't have posted this hand if i had missed my gutshot on the turn; however, i think even the turn is intraresting.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-18-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: What is my turn accion?

I raise and cap if given the opportunity.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:25 AM

Your implied odds are huge if you hit because of the sucker straight. When you hit you will easily make 15sb imo. Peel.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
regardless of any reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaha

[ QUOTE ]
the implied odds on your gutshot are very good

[/ QUOTE ]
this is 100% true.

now, naturally i wouldn't have posted this hand if i had missed my gutshot on the turn; however, i think even the turn is intraresting.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm rather torn here.

SB is most likely to give us a lot of action on this Turn, if he is currently on a bluff or us betting out 2 diamonds or even has the low end of the straight.

On the other hand, UTG and Button seem like the type to fold when faced with 2 on this board, that is unless one of them has the other end of the straight.

The pot is kinda smallish, so we shouldnt be worried too much about protecting our hand. If any of the 2 guys behind you are even remotely aware of the type of player this guy is,or possibly has a hand, they could be willing to raise, giving you an opportunity to trap some people for a lot of bets.

I'm for smooth call, and I hope I'm right.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:14 AM

Call. SB is already betting your hand for you. Hopefully one of the others raises it for you as well.

Raise the river. If either UTG or Button stay with you on the turn, they're in it for the showdown. SB might then trap them for more as well.