Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Scoopa Scoopa Scoopa

Well, I had AAQ, and I thought you were attacking my ace with a percieved ace, so It turns out all the Aces were out and paired. I usually dont raise Door aces unless i got something to go with it, either a strong high draw, or a strong low draw... I jsut happened to be catching good starting hands of late...
Old 10-16-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And now you know why all the converters on 2+2 hide player names by default

[/ QUOTE ]

Relative infrequent lurker.. are there other good converters other than Bisons?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:47 PM

Did you really think you had fold equity with the raise on 6th? You started with AA6, so you hit two pair, and had only 3 to the low.

By twodimes, I was 3:2 in pot equity.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the betting on sixth. it looks like paper (me)either has you beat for low and is freerolling for high or has you beat high and has a good shot at low.
if it helps any, I had a2a I think. but I would have played it the same with a23 or a34 or ace baby baby suited. I think you are just a tad bit better than 50/50 with my a2a (but I wanted a free showdown if I didn't improve ) and you are in very big trouble with the other three hands that I would have played the same way. So, I don't like 3 betting sixth... or even betting it for that matter. but the rest I think you played fine. the call on third is okay I think... especially since marm was playing like a fish and his raise didn't mean anything at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2005, 09:39 PM

if I had aa6 to start then it was a good raise on your part... but I could have easily had a better low or a made low and a flush draw. I don't really remember that hand all that well, but I probably raised in case you had two pair (since you almost certainly didn't have me beat for high because of the dead 8's) and to get a free showdown. based on what I had, I like your play on sixth, but based on what I could have had I don't like it at all.

either way, I look forward to playing with you in the future. and I would love to hear feedback from you on any hands you see me play... and I would be happy to do the same for you.

see you at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Lane
Old 10-16-2005, 09:42 PM

fair enough. you seemed like a solid player to me, but you had raised like 5 aces in a row so I figured you were just taking advantage of the tight table. I have definitely had those times when I get great cards and I raise with them because I know people will just think I'm playing loose... so I can't blame you.

-Lane
Old 10-16-2005, 09:47 PM

with an ace dead, I think you both overplayed your hands. I dont know if either of you were suited, but you seemed insanely aggressive.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:01 AM

Uh, yeah. There's a link in the FAQ. And in greenage's profile. And in every converted hand that gets posted. <groan>
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with an ace dead, I think you both overplayed your hands. I dont know if either of you were suited, but you seemed insanely aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I wass thinking the same thing during the hand, given the normal conditions at the table, it was a little insane.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, yeah. There's a link in the FAQ. And in greenage's profile. And in every converted hand that gets posted. <groan>

[/ QUOTE ]

<groan> uhhh... great another sarcastic 2+2 reply to a simple question... at least I asked within a thread directly related to me.... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 02:12 AM

Well, gosh, sorry if I offended you, but I did spend a good chunk of time on the FAQ, and it does annoy me when people don't read them.

There you go. Another sarcastic 2+2 post.