Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: 100/200 9Ts

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but failure to checkraise that flop is such a glaring mistake that I can't even get to the rest of the play of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think thats a pretty big overstatement.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Woa how can you not CR the flop??

[/ QUOTE ]

he didn't want to lose the fish and be HU OOP w/ a solid player on the later streets.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is getting mighty large, fish could have anything and losing him is not a problem imo. Our hand is still very vulnerable.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he didn't want to lose the fish and be HU OOP w/ a solid player on the later streets.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

so he would rather play a multiway pot OOP against that same solid player and a fish? Then when he finally gets to use the fish for protection on the river he doesn't use it?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:39 AM

I think I should have checkraised the flop. It was just a mistake. I folded the river, which I am still not sure on. I was really distracted this entire hand and was unhappy with my play.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 PM

I like a leadout on the flop. If you take this route you will get more information without losing the fish. Your hand is likely much stronger against the fish here than against the good player, but you have no information yet about how that flop hit either of them. I don't like the position you were in for the rest of the hand because of your play earlier, so it is difficult for me to suggest plays from this point forward.
I definately disagree with the check call flop, check raise is better.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:15 PM

Can we get more comments on the river? Do people think this is easy call? easy fold? Too tough to say?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:22 PM

I think the river is a solid fold, but I play short-handed only occasionally.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 PM

mmm this is a really really good spot to steal and I think that's what your wondering preflop 3bettor is doing.

but I think this should be a fold because you still have the fish to act behind you on the river and there's a chance he has a smallish club if not the same straight and look him up.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:51 PM

River is close. In close situations, I usually take the conservative approach and call. This way I can sleep at night.

(However, if an overcall is close, I usually don't because I can find out what he has without calling. I don't mind making mistakes so much as I mind not knowing. Likewise, playing live, I'm less likely to call someone who likes to show bluffs not only because I can find out the info w/out calling, but also because people who like to show(off) bluffs are less likely to bluff.)
Old 10-12-2005, 01:19 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

how can the button not have a club? he didn't 3-bet the flop or turn on that board. I guess it's remotely possible he was waiting to raise a safe turn but it was a club. but he rarely has an overpair, and he never has overcards without a club.

also, if the cold caller and button play a lot, especially with each other, that makes it an easier fold, since he should know better than to bluff two people, including a loose one who liked his hand, on that board