Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-12-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Earrings on small children

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with it. Granted, the fact that your wife did it behind your back if awful, but it's a completely separate issue from the pierced ears themselves.

As a quick aside, for all the people who are saying "It is so terrible that your wife is treating your daughter like a dress up doll," do you have a problem with parents who dress up their kids for church on sunday? Or make them wear nice clothes to school? I think that it is perfectly normal for a parent to inflect their sense of style on their child as it is just one more aspect of the parent passing what they think is right or wrong on to their child. I don't see the difference between a parent wanting the child to have earrings, or wear a shirt and tie to church.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I not surprised that you are not able to discern the difference between having ears pierced and dressing up in church appropriate clothes?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why am I not surprised that you are not able to discern the difference between having ears pierced and dressing up in church appropriate clothes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I not surprised that you didn't read my reasoning for it?

They're just different aspects of what a parent thinks is appropriate for their child to wear. Some parents think it's appropriate for a young girl to have earrings, some don't. Some think that a young child should dress up for school, some don't. I don't see how it's that hard to understand.

It's not like they're tattooing their children. A pierced ear can easily close up if the child decides that they don't want it when they're old enough to make that decision. Until then, it's up to the parents.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im going to pierce my daughters ears when she is young...of course i wont if she doesnt want it...but i see no problems with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I've come to the conclusion with this post (and many others prior) that you are just a troll who says things against the norm to piss people off
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a problem with it. Granted, the fact that your wife did it behind your back if awful, but it's a completely separate issue from the pierced ears themselves.

As a quick aside, for all the people who are saying "It is so terrible that your wife is treating your daughter like a dress up doll," do you have a problem with parents who dress up their kids for church on sunday? Or make them wear nice clothes to school? I think that it is perfectly normal for a parent to inflect their sense of style on their child as it is just one more aspect of the parent passing what they think is right or wrong on to their child. I don't see the difference between a parent wanting the child to have earrings, or wear a shirt and tie to church.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because theyre both examples of parents defining what their kid should be wearing
Old 10-12-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I not surprised that you didn't read my reasoning for it?

They're just different aspects of what a parent thinks is appropriate for their child to wear. Some parents think it's appropriate for a young girl to have earrings, some don't. Some think that a young child should dress up for school, some don't. I don't see how it's that hard to understand.

It's not like they're tattooing their children. A pierced ear can easily close up if the child decides that they don't want it when they're old enough to make that decision. Until then, it's up to the parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think the act of piercing a child's ear lobe with needle is different than wearing clothes? Seriously?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im going to pierce my daughters ears when she is young...of course i wont if she doesnt want it...but i see no problems with it

[/ QUOTE ]

I've come to the conclusion with this post (and many others prior) that you are just a troll who says things against the norm to piss people off

[/ QUOTE ]

how does that post suggest what youre saying?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You don't think the act of piercing a child's ear lobe with needle is different than wearing clothes? Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I don't. It's not going to scar the child for life and it's a common practice. If the parent decides that it is appropriate for a young girl to have her ear pierced, that's acceptable and completely up to the parent. I don't get why that's so hard to understand.

Granted, I understand why you're being contary for the sake of being contrary, but do you seriously expect me to believe that you're so dense you can't understand my position?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I don't. It's not going to scar the child for life and it's a common practice. If the parent decides that it is appropriate for a young girl to have her ear pierced, that's acceptable and completely up to the parent. I don't get why that's so hard to understand.

Granted, I understand why you're being contary for the sake of being contrary, but do you seriously expect me to believe that you're so dense you can't understand my position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not being contrary I think you are wrong or rather I disagree. I do however understand your position as weird to me as it is.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how does that post suggest what youre saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

a common theme with her posts is the voicing of her opinion (which no one cares about) in a thread clearly showing an opposite view of everyone in the thread - just to piss them off

if she agrees she doesn't post - she gets no attention that way
Old 10-12-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everything i say is what i truely think...how can what i said be considered "trollish"?!??! Its an accessory for girls and as a lil girl i always wanted mine done and had to wait til i was in high school which sucked. If my daughter doesnt like hers she can always take them out...no harm done...its not like im cutting her hand off and she cant have it back! Its my child, im not doing irreversible damage mentally or physically....there is no problem with pericings a small childs ears. If someone peirced thier childs tongue or belly button at a young age then id stay thats going a lil over board...but come on now its her ears!

I dont think not letting ur husband know is a great thing....but when i got mine done it was a spur of the moment thing while i was shopping in the mall...maybe this is the same case with his wife - the opportunity arose and she was there and decided to do it - some choices in life can be made independently! Im not saying dont NOT make decisions with ur spouse but sometimes its ok for those decisions to be made heat of the moment alone, that person is ur "other" half and hopefully u wouldnt have married them if u didnt respect/trust thier judgement and understand the majority of what they do - or at least i wouldnt marry someone who i didnt trust and understand for the most part, thus making this issue irrelavent. Now if my "husband" went out and blew 400k on a new house and 100k on a new car without "talking" it over with me or asking me what i thought id be more inclined to be like what the hell?