Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Welcome to the real world retards.

OK, I'm not done.

[ QUOTE ]
However English is not my first language

[/ QUOTE ]

This is likely the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
There is treatment but not cure

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a cure (in simple terms - get a disease, take some medicine, no longer have the disease), however, there is not a vaccine. Perhaps you are referring to there not being any research to find a vaccine to prevent malaria. Maybe you were referring to the "moving target" nature of the disease caused by resistances.

AIDS would be an example of treatment but no cure.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm not done.

[ QUOTE ]
However English is not my first language

[/ QUOTE ]

This is likely the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
There is treatment but not cure

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a cure (in simple terms - get a disease, take some medicine, no longer have the disease), however, there is not a vaccine. Perhaps you are referring to there not being any research to find a vaccine to prevent malaria. Maybe you were referring to the "moving target" nature of the disease caused by resistances.

AIDS would be an example of treatment but no cure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, he was quoting me when I said there was a difference between treatments and cures. And I wasn't specifically talking about Malaria (I am not a doctor, nor am I fully educated on this disease), I was talking about how news programs, and especially late night documentaries tend to use a lot more speculation, exaggeration, and conjecture, then actual fact.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is unlikely this was killed in a late stage (after making clinical trials and getting approved by FDA)

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is the time they can say "we have a cure".

[ QUOTE ]
But it is well known that big pharma don't even bother to do research on rare forms of cancer

[/ QUOTE ]

Significantly different from stopping a product they had completed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case then I don't believe it as well. For a drug to make to the market it takes 12-15 years and $800 million on average. You don't withdraw it from the market unless there are side-effects, a competitor has made a WAY better one, the company is sold or went bust etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morning after pills. Very profitable. Vanished.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, he was quoting me when I said there was a difference between treatments and cures.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Jaquen H'gar quoted him and said "Uh, they don't research malaria because there already is a cure."

He responed to Jaquen like this:

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, they don't research malaria because there already is a cure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh, that's not correct

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it is a language issue.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I cant beleive the stupidity, the niavity and lack of any sort of world experience of a lot of members of this forum, some of the posts the last few days have used grammar punctuation sentence structure and carefully thot out arguments what are they for theres really no reason to use them if you want your arguments to have credibility you need to learn to master meth rants and run on sentences like I have maybe its a British thing I dont know but the point is what was my point Im pretty sure I had a point wait oh yeah Im a lot smarter than all you dumbasses thats a British thing too

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I wasted an hour of my life reading that post.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Morning after pills. Very profitable. Vanished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean RU-486, the abortion pill? Mifeprex website
Old 10-12-2005, 10:12 PM

No, but that's a more recent version. Morning-after pills used to be commonly prescribed a few decades ago in America. Then they were taken off the market, and some physicians began advising their patients of a non-standard way to use ordinary birth control pills to do the same thing. RU-486 came along, and although it would have clearly been a profitable drug, the legal hassles and bad publicity ensured it would face tremendous struggles, and it did. I think it's available very few places in the world at this point.

Any drug doing the same thing would face the same problems. Religion and politics often enter into production of profitable and reasonably safe items; many people in Africa have refused vaccinations for fear that AIDS was being snuck into the injections.

Profit is one piece of the puzzle, but not the only reason to make or refuse to make a product.