Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-10-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Line that left me unfulfilled.

[ QUOTE ]
i know - it was a joke (sort of).

rocks scare easy - i was afraid to c/r flop.

the thing is - wtf does my line look like to him - if im going to just call the flop, i think it looks like clubs, so i maybe should've c/r turn instead as he has to bet to protect aa?

i don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks do scare easily. Which is why you need to get some money in before the board gets uglier. This also will let you win more on the turn/river when they come blank as they did.

Rocks don't play many starting hands. But, that doesn't mean that they automatically fold to any aggression. In fact, there is one species of rock who actually gets stubborn postflop and won't let big pairs go.

And, if he folds to the flop check-raise, there is NO way that he calls a turn check-raise. So, if you think he'll fold to the flop check-raise, what you did is probably fine.

But, IMHO, you're getting called on the flop, like, every time when you check-raise.

ML4L
Old 10-10-2005, 09:44 PM

I agree that he's getting his flop c/r called all day long, but I'd worry that rock will most likely fold to any agression on turn. I think la did as well as possible (got 1.5 buyins from rock) in this hand.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you played this hand well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. You "might" have gotten less with another line, you "might" have gotten more, but I think this is the most trusted one.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rocks do scare easily.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I thought the classic rock scene was that they wait so long to get a playable hand that they will never let it go postflop. So the other guy flops a set and everyone at the table knows it and the rock loses his stack still clutching his precious aces. No? I check/raise this flop. Most likely he 3-bets.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:57 PM

i like leading the flop or check raising the turn more than check raising the flop
Old 10-10-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know - it was a joke (sort of).

rocks scare easy - i was afraid to c/r flop.

the thing is - wtf does my line look like to him - if im going to just call the flop, i think it looks like clubs, so i maybe should've c/r turn instead as he has to bet to protect aa?

i don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your image on the table? If you look tight, why not lead the flop for a pot sized bet (representing AK) and hope to three bet AI to a raise?

Maybe I am off here, but wouldn't most rocks try to get it AI on a K high flop thinking they finally got AA and now they are going to rake a monster pot?

To me you line looks like a scared AK or more like a pair smaller than the K.