Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Suggesting that someone is gay???

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] We all know that homosexuality is a normal, common, means to express one's sexuality. Being gay could be considered a very positive sign; as many studies indicate gays tend to have higher iq's and educational levels, and higher incomes..

So, why would anyone be upset about being called gay?

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Suggesting that someone is gay???

This belongs in psychology [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. It is weird that it has insulting power anymore, but I see even very tolerant people getting upset about it. There are so many good responses though, like "I am sorry, you are not attractive enough for me to consider you" etc.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] We all know that homosexuality is a normal, common, means to express one's sexuality. Being gay could be considered a very positive sign; as many studies indicate gays tend to have higher iq's and educational levels, and higher incomes..

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it has to do with the repulsion of same-sex sodomy to the average heterosexual. No matter how tolerant you are, it's pretty repulsive. Like your parent having sex. Not a great thought.

-Gryph
Old 10-07-2005, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

gl

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is, calling someone gay is usually used pejoratively - in other words, to put someone down; even if not, it's used so much as a pejorative, it's hard to separate when it's being used innocuously and when it’s meant to insult.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is, calling someone gay is usually used pejoratively - in other words, to put someone down; even if not, it's used so much as a pejorative, it's hard to separate when it's being used innocuously and when it’s meant to insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about guys who don't want to put Captain Howdy in the catchers mitt? Girls who would rather eat the fluffy sausage wallet than the bratwurst?

If those fudge packers want to go the wrong way up the turnpike, it's no business of mine. And any Beaver Cleaver who wants to bat for the other team, is ok by me.

What are they so sensitive about?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are they so sensitive about?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes how could they possibly have an emotional reaction to something you've never experienced?

I'm a fourth Arab, although you can't tell and I didn't even know until I was 18. The day we invaded Iraq I was watching it at the bar at a restaurant I used to work at. My coworkers were talking about how we should just nuke all the sand-niggers, blah blah blah. I mentioned I was part Arab, and they started in on me; asking where my towel was for my head, etc.

Trust me, if you haven't experienced discrimination (and I know it gets a helluva lot worse than what I experienced) you have no idea how powerless and despaired it can make you feel. I sure didn't have any clue even though I thought I did. It's not like getting picked on in High school for riding the bus when you're 17. You have a small element of control there. Being gay or Arab is just thrust upon you without your consent. Maybe that's why it's so different; I don't know. But what I do know is that it's entirely 100% worse.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:11 AM

LOL YOU DUMB CAMEL JOCKEY SANDCOON GO BACK TO ARABIA AND BLOW UP A CAR.

I'm kidding. But there are people that speak like that and it's disturbing. Where does ignorance come from? I have no idea where ignorance comes from. Does that make me ignorant? Aw crap what's wrong with me...

As for gays. I have no idea why there's even a problem anymore. Why would someone want to keep apart two people that love each other? If there's a homophobe reading this, please give me a reason why...And don't give me that Bill O'Reilly slippery slope bullshit that says if we allow homosexuality now, tomorrow we'll be allowing humans and kittens to screw.
Oh yeah, go to www.sweetjesusihatebilloreilly.com
It's solid gold material.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:17 AM

Yeah I mean genetically Arabs are the same as Jews so that can't be it. I suspect you're thinking into it much more than they ever do though. All they need is a label and they're good to go.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would someone want to keep apart two people that love each other?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has proposed this? Give me the name of the prominent person in politics who has suggested that we "keep apart two people that love each other." Not allowing people to obtain a marriage license is not keeping them apart.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why would someone want to keep apart two people that love each other?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has proposed this? Give me the name of the prominent person in politics who has suggested that we "keep apart two people that love each other." Not allowing people to obtain a marriage license is not keeping them apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, your reply is too smart by half. Either that or you're deceptively trying to subtely shift the argument. Did anyone mention prominent people in politics? I was talking about homophobes in general. Surely you're not suggesting that there aren't people that think homosexuality is wrong and would rather two gay people not be together, in marriage or not in marriage. Surely you're not suggesting that. That would be lunacy. Oh, and while I don't have any quotes on hand, I'd bet my life for ten dollars from you that there are prominent political figures that are completely against anything homosexual. OH YEAH I JUST REMEMBERED ONE. Alan Keyes. His daughter is a lesbian. He disowned her and kicked her out of the house. She was forced to live with a friend, penniless. I did this without even having to go to the internet to research it. I'm sure if I did I could come up with more. Thank you and goodnight.