Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Showalter

yeah putting out a guy who is making more in a year than you'll make in a life time is definately a downgrade...

mussina is still a question mark in my mind anyways, and i'm still questioning why torre took out wright in the 3rd inning when he had only given up 2 runs, and put a guy on first. obviously he didn't have his best stuff, but this was suspect in my book.

jeter left because of injury? and as for arod, i don't know why he came out. was it after the game was already out of reach?
Old 10-03-2005, 06:13 PM

Leave it to classless Yankee fans to have ridiculous expectations that the Texas Rangers owe "them" their best effort, when they themselves (Yankees) aren't willing to give THEIR best effort.

It's up to the Rangers to make sure you get home-field advantage? I live in Dallas, and do root for the Rangers, and I can say this with full confidence. If you're depending on the Rangers for ANYTHING, you've already lost. Buck's decision to pull his starters was no more a vendetta against the Rangers than...
The Mets scrubbing Pedro's last start against the Phillies was a vendetta against the Astros...OR...
The Cardinals scrubbing '04 starters against the Astros was a vendetta against the Cubs or Giants

Bottom line, teams have an obligation to do what's in THEIR best interests. As far as Buck was concerned, the Rangers were done, he wanted to minimize injury risk and get his guys a nice round, and get a bit more playing time for some younger guys. There is nothing wrong with that, you arrogant, ignorant, the-world-owes-us entitlement up your ass Yankee pieces of crap. Your payroll is higher than anyone else's in baseball, by far. Win your own damn games.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with that, you arrogant, ignorant, the-world-owes-us entitlement up your ass Yankee pieces of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with that, you arrogant, ignorant, the-world-owes-us entitlement up your ass Yankee pieces of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, you do realize that there are plenty of yankee fans who are reasonable about this incident and in general? there are even posts in this very thread which support that.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, you do realize that there are plenty of yankee fans who are reasonable about this incident and in general? there are even posts in this very thread which support that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do. I was only speaking to the Yankee fans making a stink about this..."the arrogant, ignorant..." ones. Yank fans that (rightfully) realize, as Brian Cashman said, that their destiny was in their OWN hands, and do not seek to blame the manager of the long-since eliminated Texas Rangers for having to travel to LA (err, Anaheim), are Yank fans that I have no problem with.

Sorry if my comments to a specific group of Yankee fans made it sound like I was calling ALL Yankee fans that. I certainly wasn't.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If NYY gave a rat's ass why was Wright starting instead of Mussina? Didn't Torre pull his starters after 4 or 5 inn.? Check the lineups for other teams out of it I'm sure you'll see the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

resting mussina and having a better chance to win game 1 essentially gives you home field advantage. plus joe needed to know whether to have wright onthe post-season roster. now he can leave him off.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If NYY gave a rat's ass why was Wright starting instead of Mussina? Didn't Torre pull his starters after 4 or 5 inn.? Check the lineups for other teams out of it I'm sure you'll see the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

resting mussina and having a better chance to win game 1 essentially gives you home field advantage. plus joe needed to know whether to have wright onthe post-season roster. now he can leave him off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think was Joe did was perfectly reasonable and the right decision, but it just means that the Yankees are in absolutely no place to complain when a team that is out of it takes their big expensive guns out halfway through the last game of the season.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but it just means that the Yankees are in absolutely no place to complain when a team that is out of it takes their big expensive guns out halfway through the last game of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with that too. it sucks that the rangers blew the game, but the yankees should have no qualms about it. most of their comments pretty much confirmed that. it's all blown up way out of proportion.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:19 PM

I like how we seem to be conveniently ignoring Chicago putting out a Little League squad (with a solid pitcher) in the first game of the last series while Cleveland was still battling for a spot in the playoffs, never mind HF advantage.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"If we had won one more game, we wouldn't have to be worried about what anybody else did," Cashman told The Times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice to see a little accountability...