Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 12:39 AM

Default uh wtf hand from tonight - K4 in BB (omg reads)

i'm not going to be around much to engage in conversation about this hand... gotta leave. my thoughts on the flop call were that i had pretty good implied odds versus these fellows, but i think every street is pretty weird, and i felt unsure throughout.

notes on random guy:

"went 4 bets on flop and 3 on turn on QQ9K board and folded for one river bet.
peels LOOSE on flop. A4 on 939." (both of these hands were against me)

notes on weird bluffer:

"will bluff turns on paired boards. A5 on 7TJJ turn he donk bet. guy called him down with QQ. also bet K river"

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG (weird bluffer) calls, MP calls, CO (random guy) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, weird bluffer checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, random guy calls, Hero calls, weird bluffer calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">weird bluffer raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">random guy 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, weird bluffer calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">weird bluffer raises</font>, random guy folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
Old 10-02-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: uh wtf hand from tonight - K4 in BB (omg reads)

Flop: I usually like the pot to be a bit bigger to peel here, but I don't think its horrible, especially if the players behind you are passive.

River: I don't get the lead after the random guy three bets the turn. Were you trying to get random guy to fold a hand that may be better than yours by getting the bluffer to raise?

Edit: Just saw your read on random guy. I still probably check call the river.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 AM

If I make it past the flop (which I don't think is bad) I play it the same. Also, good notes.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 AM

I see no reason for putting either of these dopes on better than your 2 pair. Once MP3 bows out on the turn (and you make your 2 pair) I think you cap the turn (your read on random guy is that he'll fish to the river then fold, so get one more out of him on the turn). On the river I 3-bet, since you've seen, uh, weird bluffer get aggressive on the river with ace-high.

I think this is a rare opportunity to bleed a couple of jackass players. If you get unlucky and they actually have hands, well, that's poker...more often than not, they aren't going to have a hand.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:49 AM

well i had seen him bluff bet out of position heads up, but i hadn't seen him raising the river with nothing. my hand does look pretty strong now that i see it posted, though. HMM
Old 10-02-2005, 12:52 AM

looks like bluffer has Kings. Worried about random guy, who may be slow-playing a set or his wheel? I'd probably fold the turn facing 2 more cold. This is 6-max, so I dunno.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River: I don't get the lead after the random guy three bets the turn. Were you trying to get random guy to fold a hand that may be better than yours by getting the bluffer to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, not at all. i felt pretty good about being ahead of the bluffer dude, and decently so about being ahead of the random guy (i can't decide whether to cap the turn or not). river plan was to:

1. not allow a random check through, and
2. get the bluffer caught between us.

when he raised after just calling the last bet on the turn, i got scared he had me beat here.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i felt pretty good about being ahead of the bluffer dude, and decently so about being ahead of the random guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to give even the biggest idiots credit for a hand when they three-bet the turn.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i felt pretty good about being ahead of the bluffer dude, and decently so about being ahead of the random guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to give even the biggest idiots credit for a hand when they three-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
i guess it would make sense to repeat the notes i had on him:
[ QUOTE ]
went 4 bets on flop and 3 on turn on QQ9K board and folded for one river bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2005, 01:19 AM

Yeah, I saw the notes earlier. I'm not disagreeing with how you played, I like it. I was just commenting that I play it weaker (check/call the river) at this point in my poker evolution, since I need more than one note to lead the river here. Nice hand.