Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Best sites to bonus whore S8b

I use O8b to clear the bonuses on party, I clear on PS with S8b. .5/1 seems to give a pretty good clear rate.

On AP will play S8b or O8b where every I can find a table.

I am looking to add some sites to increase my bonus take. Any recommendations?
Old 09-23-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Best sites to bonus whore S8b

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to add some sites to increase my bonus take. Any recommendations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paradise had a 50% deposit bonus posted in the 2+2 Classifieds a couple of months ago that was extremely easy to clear on the $.50/$1.00 (no ante) stud and/or H/L.

UB's was extremely difficult to clear at any level.

I'm now going to try Empire.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:18 PM

I think a lot of people spend more time chasing bonus then they do trying to get better. In the long run if you spend more money working on your game rather then chasing bonuses at different sites it is definatly better in the long run, that being said make sure you have rake back at a party skin.

As for your question: I imagine stud would clear bonuses good at Paradise, but I dont think they have reloads that often. The Internet forum and internet bonus forum would probably be a little more informative.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:40 PM

Not too many good sites for stud8 really. Bodog games are good if there's actually one going, I haven't logged any real hours in that game though so I don't know how the bonus clears at .5/1.

I've been emailing UB about spreading .5/1. The structure isn't as good as stars or abso but I would really like to see that game added.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of people spend more time chasing bonus then they do trying to get better. In the long run if you spend more money working on your game rather then chasing bonuses at different sites it is definatly better in the long run, that being said make sure you have rake back at a party skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive. You have to play hands anyway, so you might as well get some money back while doing it. It is not like you play the hands differently because you are clearing a bonus.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The structure isn't as good as stars or abso

[/ QUOTE ]

With the changes to the bonus points structure, it takes forever to clear the bonus at UB.

I keep track of this link when it's time to find a new bonus (I'm not spamming, I got this link from the "Internet Bonuses" forum within 2+2).

If you click on the level you normally play, you can find the best bonus/site in terms of hourly rate (actually for HE, not stud but it should be similar in terms of the ranking system).
Old 09-23-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not too many good sites for stud8 really. Bodog games are good if there's actually one going, I haven't logged any real hours in that game though so I don't know how the bonus clears at .5/1.

I've been emailing UB about spreading .5/1. The structure isn't as good as stars or abso but I would really like to see that game added.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played one session at bodog.

I also asked UB to start a .5/1 table, they said it was the first request they ever recieved.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:57 PM

Yea it wasn't great before and it's painful now, just a tangent how I want that game spread.

BW.com is definitly a good place to check the rates, then just check the stud availability.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:25 AM

Look for good contributed bonuses. You can often get a much better clearance rate at stud games than holdem. Unfortunately because most bonus whores aren't stud players, contributed bonuses don't get much respect.

Bodog's a really good place to start if you play 3/6 well or .5/1 decently. The 3/6 usually runs shorthanded but there are only a couple of decent players. The .5/1 is often full in prime hours and really really soft.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:58 AM

Haha man I thought the demand would be huge [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I had pretty much totally forgot about UB for stud until a few days back and was surprised to find no .5. So I shot em some emails. I emailed them about spreading razz a few months back though and that didn't seem to materialize.

The main part of the message they gave me in regards to S8:

"We will take your email as a suggestion and we will forward the details of your
suggestion to our Management and Programming Departments. They will take your
thoughts into consideration when setting up future versions of our software. "