Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 09-13-2005, 06:02 PM

Default full ring to six max adjustements

Can we get a good discussion going on what adjustments need to be made?

I want to start playing on AP and they have a lot of short-handed games.

If I missed an earlier discussion, I am sorry, maybe we could get it linked to the FAQs )if i missed it there I will have to change my username).
Old 09-13-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: full ring to six max adjustements

"I want to start playing on AP and they have a lot of short-handed games."

Thanks for the tip [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

"Can we get a good discussion going on what adjustments need to be made?"

Yeh I'd like this too. There haven't been any in-depth discussions about 6max. Usually someone asking and getting a couple of replies. I just started 6max yesterday (and it's all I'll play unless I get good enough for 15/30+) so I'll probally start posting quite a few HHs.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:42 PM

"A lot" is subjective, meaning more than full ring at some limits. Other limits Pokerstars and Party are have more going.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 AM

Beavis,

I've actually been running into a bunch of short handed 3/6 and 2/4 half kill games recently at UB.

I mentioned this in another post but, what I see at a regular game with 5 players is that one limper plus the blinds will typically play any given hand.

I play these games like I would a NL HE game with lots of changes to my game as I don't worry about running into someone with the nuts.

So, I'll raise preflop more with high pairs and limp with other good low cards. I try to change it up alot.

Pokertracker tells me I play 1 hand out of 3 when playing at a 5 player table.

Dave
Old 09-14-2005, 10:31 AM

So far 1/2 averages around 4 people seeing the flop. I'm staying clear from reasonable players (unless I'm strong) and just looking to isolate fish or people who play the blinds poorly.

I'm just going to play a tight game if I'm in EP or if a good/tight player enters the pot. I'll be much looser in LP if I feel I can isolate preflop or on the flop. I've played around 1k hands so far of 6max, and I guess I was playing the table for most of those. For the last hour of today I just played 1 table (2 super fish) and started playing to the player, and it felt good.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:27 PM

I have 35,000 hands at 5/10 short in my database but I have no idea how to post a screenshot. If anyone is interested just tell me how to post it.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:34 PM

Open your database and then press alt+printscreen. Then open paint and click paste. Then upload it on to something like image shack.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:09 PM

I dont play shorthanded, and am not good at it, but Ill throw 3-4 points out.

1. Hands with QQxx KKxx become more valuable, because they can now effectivley thin the field.
2. You can come in with not so great low starting hands, you dont need A2. 3467 are quality hands now.
3. You dont have to play for the nuts. board comes 34T and you have A5, you should be more inclined to take a card off
4. Also, wouldnt most high hands decrease in value? I would think so, since they dont play well in shorthanded pots. When they do turn, its often the nuts, which is good enough to beat numerous people.

Once again, I dont play shorthanded.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:09 PM

I play the short tables very much like I play short holdem. Alot of preflop raising,bettingg and raising non nut hands, etc. The one thing I find most important is to find a good loose table. If you like aggressive or passive that's up to you - I can play either - but look for a table that has over a 40 vpip.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont play shorthanded, and am not good at it, but Ill throw 3-4 points out.

1. Hands with QQxx KKxx become more valuable, because they can now effectivley thin the field.
2. You can come in with not so great low starting hands, you dont need A2. 3467 are quality hands now.
3. You dont have to play for the nuts. board comes 34T and you have A5, you should be more inclined to take a card off
4. Also, wouldnt most high hands decrease in value? I would think so, since they dont play well in shorthanded pots. When they do turn, its often the nuts, which is good enough to beat numerous people.

Once again, I dont play shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter how many people are playing whether it be 2 or 11, 3467 will ALWAYS be junk. Please don't ever advise anyone otherwise.