Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-11-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: I finally puked in my mouth playing poker!

What buy-in is this at?
I'd probably fold this unless villains have been raising like this with a wide range of hands.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:57 PM

Party $22s.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:59 PM

I believe this is an auto call, it appears like your the SB so your down to ~500 chips and next hand your BB and down to 350 chips.

I don't see you getting any better cards in the next 7 hands (when your BB again) and it is def. a risk that your totally dominated, I would still call this 100% of the time.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:51 AM

This is an easy call and you dont even have to think. But it seems you want to. So rather thank think about what the other guys have, think about if you'll see a hand as good as AQ in the next 15 hands or so, because that's all youve got.

How do you know reraiser doesnt have JJ or TT. You're 45% vs these hands. Even if he has AK you still win 25-30% of the time. I know you'd rather be in as the fav, but with under 600 chips you just flat out don't have a choice.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:14 AM

Guys, I don't need a better hand soon, I just need a better spot. I'll find a better spot the very next hand because likely the action won't be as suspicious next hand. Think of it like this, would you rather have AQ here or 84o the next hand first in or 92o after a limper? I'll take either of those spots because my stack, though tiny after I fold still has some folding equity if I'm first in and if I do get called I won't be up against a monster hand for sure and will have a good chance to be a 2:1 underdog IF I get called. I think the folding equity + hand equity against a wide range is better than calling all-in here with a hand that sucks against his likely range, which no one has refuted yet.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:18 AM

You didn't play enough hands if that one made you puke... Easy call. Your spot isn't better next hand because you have 430 chips and posting 75, so virtually no equity.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:37 AM

I don't think you can be so 100% certain that you're up against a monster here. Donks make donkish raises that look suspicious and make you think they must have QQ or better, even though they don't necessarily do. Of course button probably has a very strong hand, but he will have 88, A9, etc. from time to time, and rarely something completely wacky.

But since button is strongly representing at least AJ or better, and the miniraiser sometimes has a monster too, I don't think folding can be horrible, like many people seem to think. It's just brainless advice to say that you must push with AQ since you won't probably see a better hand. Come on you people! Hand strength is always relative to the situation, and this is a crappy situation.

I'm not helping you at all, am I [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 01:51 AM

You're getting 2.5-1 on the call, and have less than 3 BB if you fold. You can't possibly afford to fold here.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:12 AM

Perg - What good is getting 2.5:1 if I'm worse than 2.5:1 underdog to his range?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can be so 100% certain that you're up against a monster here. Donks make donkish raises that look suspicious and make you think they must have QQ or better, even though they don't necessarily do. Of course button probably has a very strong hand, but he will have 88, A9, etc. from time to time, and rarely something completely wacky.

But since button is strongly representing at least AJ or better, and the miniraiser sometimes has a monster too, I don't think folding can be horrible, like many people seem to think. It's just brainless advice to say that you must push with AQ since you won't probably see a better hand. Come on you people! Hand strength is always relative to the situation, and this is a crappy situation.

I'm not helping you at all, am I [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you've helped a bit. Maybe I'm giving button a bit too much credit but I've very rarely seen donkery in this kind of move. I completely agree that hand strength is relative, and I think situation is illustrative of it.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:14 AM

Oh and btw I did fold and I got the BB to fold to my SB push the next hand, so it's not like I have zero fold equity if I push after folding.