Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-10-2005, 03:50 PM

Default my baby flush is now the supreme power in the universe

10-20 NL. $2000 effective stacks. Villain is a solid TAG 2+2er who's playing tighter than usual. Nonetheless, villain is wily, aggressive, and can fold strong hands, and respects my action; he's also just commented on an opinion I posted on this site! I'm playing looser than usual due to residual tilt.

Villain opens for $75 from MP. Folded to me, I make a dubious call in the SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop:

2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $80 (I've been doing this 1/2 pot bet-into-raiser with a fair number of hands), villain raises to $270, I call.

Turn:

some blank like the T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I check, villain bets $480, I move in for another $1200.

Let's ignore the preflop call. How is this postflop line? What are some other good postflop lines to take with this hand?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: my baby flush is now the supreme power in the universe

I would call preflop, that make me a donk?

looks like a really good line tho.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call preflop, that make me a donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most times yeah.

[ QUOTE ]
looks like a really good line tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 09-10-2005, 04:12 PM

Doesn't villain get away from an overpair here?
Old 09-10-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't villain get away from an overpair here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain has an overpair, 50% of the time he's holding a big heart. I don't think Ax A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or Kx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are folding.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:59 PM

I like flop c/r's, but given your image, this play is fine, although I might 3-bet flop (perhaps just push now looks like some sort of pair+flush draw or nut flush draw).
Old 09-10-2005, 06:04 PM

On the flop, I would change it up btwn C/R all-in and smooth calling. Given that you smooth called, I think C/R all-in on the turn is the perfect play.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:36 PM

I would lead turn. If villan is a TAG 2+2er, then wouldnt he check the turn here with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K and get his free draw. I think hes on air or a set given the action, but I like betting out to prevent giving him a free draw. If you bet out, I think he might raise a set, then you move in. He might raise a flush then you``re moving in too, but wtv. And he definitly calls with AA KK, maybe even calls with offsuit AA KK since he knows you are capable of bluffing. It worked out this time but I think checking that turn(or not 3 betting flop) is a mistake.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:11 PM

Hi Creed:

Your flop line was beautiful; your small lead and smooth call of my raise threw me for a loop and a half, esp. since you did seem a bit tilty at the time. If you had three-bet the flop, I was folding everything save for a flush, top set, and maaaybe AA/KK w/ a heart.

Given stack sizes, your turn CR all in was great as well. If we had been deeper, and I had actually had a hand this time, you would have let me escape w/ this line, but if I had in fact had a big pair, maybe w/ a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], maybe not, I think I would have paid you off, especially because of your wilder-than-usual image at the time. Alas, I had some KJo-no heart type hand, so you got the max . . .

As for preflop, it's a bit dicey, I'd say, since it was a HU pot and you were out of position, but you know all that. You got the flop you play connectors for, and had I had the hand I was supposed to, you would have gotten paid in full.

Nice hand.

-neon.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Creed:

Your flop line was beautiful; your small lead and smooth call of my raise threw me for a loop and a half, esp. since you did seem a bit tilty at the time. If you had three-bet the flop, I was folding everything save for a flush, top set, and maaaybe AA/KK w/ a heart.

Given stack sizes, your turn CR all in was great as well. If we had been deeper, and I had actually had a hand this time, you would have let me escape w/ this line, but if I had in fact had a big pair, maybe w/ a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], maybe not, I think I would have paid you off, especially because of your wilder-than-usual image at the time. Alas, I had some KJo-no heart type hand, so you got the max . . .

As for preflop, it's a bit dicey, I'd say, since it was a HU pot and you were out of position, but you know all that. You got the flop you play connectors for, and had I had the hand I was supposed to, you would have gotten paid in full.

Nice hand.

-neon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you mean you lied when you said you had black KK afterwards?

<gasp>

You're not kidding about the wilder-than-usual image. That's the last time I forgo sleep to try to get unstuck.