Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Go ahead and re-raise this flop?

I would raise pre-flop and 3-bet the flop. If you have raised the previous 3 hands pre-flop it's even better to raise since they will respect you less.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I realize the lack of a pre-flop raise is a mistake. Realize that I wouldn't typically (something like 90% of the time) make this play. Is just calling with AKs ~10% of the time too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my problem with "slowplaying" AK is that you don't have a made hand yet. You have a drawing hand. Thus, there's really nothing to "slowplay" yet. Maybe I'm wrong about that, I don't know. My thinking is that it is a good idea, for deception, to slowplay a certain percentage of very strong made hands -- 10% sounds good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no made or drawing hands, just hands with higher expectation then others.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I realize the lack of a pre-flop raise is a mistake. Realize that I wouldn't typically (something like 90% of the time) make this play. Is just calling with AKs ~10% of the time too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my problem with "slowplaying" AK is that you don't have a made hand yet. You have a drawing hand. Thus, there's really nothing to "slowplay" yet. Maybe I'm wrong about that, I don't know. My thinking is that it is a good idea, for deception, to slowplay a certain percentage of very strong made hands -- 10% sounds good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no made or drawing hands, just hands with higher expectation then others.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, I stand corrected. By the way, your comment got me thinking about this conceptual question some more, so I looked at SSHE, and there is a nice section at pages 238-240 called "Ace-King Is Not Just A Drawing Hand." Good reading.