Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Go ahead and re-raise this flop?

Preflop: I would raise. I don't think "slowplaying" AK preflop is generally a good play.

Flop: I would 3-bet. There are 13 SB in pot when it comes to you, and your 3 opponents will likely call one more bet. It may reduce the number of bets you can get on the turn, but it is now going to be a big pot that you should focus on winning by thinning potential FH draws.

Turn: Having called on the flop, I like the check-raise.

River: Good.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:39 PM

Yeah reraise the flop and celebrate the winfall by making yourself a mojito. Rinse and repeat.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:40 PM

I three bet the flop and checkraise the turn. Nothing screams A HIGH FLUSH DRAW like a flop 3 bet and then a turn check.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. You're giving up a little to potentially gain a lot. You have the nut flush already, so another diamond falling isn't going to hurt. If you had a lesser flush, I would definitely say push it on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another diamond will hurt significantly! The board will be 4-flushed and the A, K, and Q will all be accounted for. Bets need to go in now before your action is killed. Make lower diamonds draw dead for a hefty price.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: I would 3-bet. There are 13 SB in pot when it comes to you, and your 3 opponents will likely call one more bet. It may reduce the number of bets you can get on the turn, but it is now going to be a big pot that you should focus on winning by thinning potential FH draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was my sole reason for only calling on the flop - to go for the c/r on the turn and trap for 2 BB.

I realize the lack of a pre-flop raise is a mistake. Realize that I wouldn't typically (something like 90% of the time) make this play. Is just calling with AKs ~10% of the time too much?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah reraise the flop and celebrate the winfall by making yourself a mojito. Rinse and repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid advice on the celebratory beverage. A fair bit of work in assembling it, but it's well worth it.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize the lack of a pre-flop raise is a mistake. Realize that I wouldn't typically (something like 90% of the time) make this play. Is just calling with AKs ~10% of the time too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my problem with "slowplaying" AK is that you don't have a made hand yet. You have a drawing hand. Thus, there's really nothing to "slowplay" yet. Maybe I'm wrong about that, I don't know. My thinking is that it is a good idea, for deception, to slowplay a certain percentage of very strong made hands -- 10% sounds good to me.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That means 10% of the time, you're giving up a lot of money. I don't like it. Throwing in the factors such as your position, the hand context (raising like a maniac right now), the two people already in the pot, I think you're giving up a lot of money by not raising this preflop 100% of the time.

If you never limped AKs, you're not making any huge mistakes.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:36 PM

reraise the flop for sure. you've got the callers trapped, make them give you more money.

oh yah, not raising PF sucks
Old 09-09-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. You're giving up a little to potentially gain a lot. You have the nut flush already, so another diamond falling isn't going to hurt. If you had a lesser flush, I would definitely say push it on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another diamond will hurt significantly! The board will be 4-flushed and the A, K, and Q will all be accounted for. Bets need to go in now before your action is killed. Make lower diamonds draw dead for a hefty price.

[/ QUOTE ]

A J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would be sexy [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]