Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 07:33 PM

Default QQ preflop line.

Okay, Paradise 5 max, $50 NL. This is just from memory, it's easy.

Myself and the blinds are all around $50, UTG and CO are both big stacks. CO has made some big preflop raises and I read him as loose and aggressive preflop. He is position sensitive and probably calms down postflop from what I've seen.

I am on the button with red QQ. I have won several hands recently without showdown, taking down a pot I raised with a flop bet.

Both players limp to me (.50 BB) and I raise to $2.50. (Raise more?)

Everyone calls back around to the CO who min-re-raises me. I read this as either an action raise with a big suited connector or medium pair, or a monster. I can't assign probability too well, only played an orbit or two.

So it's 4.50 total, 2.00 more to call for anyone else. Do you reraise here and fold to an all-in? I have $49 behind at the time of his raise. Or do you take a flop and play a big pot with (likely) one pair?

Other players at the table are pretty loose and passive, this guy a bit more aggressive but does not get out of line postflop.

NT
Old 09-07-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: QQ preflop line.

call the minraise pf.

then play as small a pot as possible. if checked to you on the flop, make a pot sized bet. if he calls, check behind on the turn and call a reasonable bet on the river if no overcard comes. if he CRs the flop, or bets big, fold without a read.