Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: I hated this hand for some reason

I guess a hand I like is one where I play optimally on all streets. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess my gut feeling was that since I didn't raise preflop, it made the hand harder to play than it should have been, at least to me.

Thanks to all for the comments.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Other than the pre-flop call, I think you played it fine. I think you caught the perfect river card.

Not to highjack, but I have a real quick question, does Hero's raise on the flop and the subsequent fold of the blinds increase Villian's equity in the pot thus making his 3-bet -EV? I ask because people at the micros (myself included) tend to pump nut-flush draws sometimes rightfully (when they have many callers) and sometimes not so rightfully. Would Villian's 3-bet here be poor for this reason or do we discount the 2-bets he already has in the pot before his eventual 3-bet?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than the pre-flop call, I think you played it fine. I think you caught the perfect river card.

Not to highjack, but I have a real quick question, does Hero's raise on the flop and the subsequent fold of the blinds increase Villian's equity in the pot thus making his 3-bet -EV? I ask because people at the micros (myself included) tend to pump nut-flush draws sometimes rightfully (when they have many callers) and sometimes not so rightfully. Would Villian's 3-bet here be poor for this reason or do we discount the 2-bets he already has in the pot before his eventual 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Villain was 3-betting just a flush draw on the flop HU it would not be for value. It might be for deception/make us fold a better hand later or, more likely, he's just a bad player.

The actual hand looks okay although I've seen my fair share of open-limping in late position with AA/KK lately.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and I can't figure it out. First orbit. Table seemed typical so far. I called preflop (instead of raising) to come alive on the flop and establish an early LAG image. (??)

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know what you were trying to say, but let me tell you this, alot of opponents aren't paying that much attention to care about your image.

EDIT - PF aside, the hand was perfect. I wonder how the flop would have went if you raised PF
Old 09-08-2005, 01:38 AM

Maybe too much thought on image for .5/1??

Why did you want a LAG image anyway?

Raise preflop; all else is fine.