Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: ($22) 3 Basic Bubble Hands- Advice Wanted

Actually the opposite is probably true, at the $22s if they have say 55 and the flop is KJ8, they won't call very often at all, whereas at a higher level, they may read you for a stop and go, and call.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:43 AM

I'm going to be the lone dissenter here.

1) With the chipstacks such as they are, I think that pushing, stop-n-going, and (yes) folding are all viable options depending upon your read. It will be so easy to push into the BB when folded around to you that I really don't think that folding here is so bad. If the BB was sufficiently tight, I could fold here. Yes, the button has been raising a lot, but he did just commit 40% of his stack, so I don't think that we can necessarily be putting him on any two here.

It's hard to say what I'd do without actually being in the game, obvserving the raiser's play up to this point.

2) Auto-push

3) Fold or complete. If you're lucky, button might get into a pissing contest with BB. I don't like pushing here. Meh.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:45 AM

To be fair, I said you could complete in 3 too. It depends on the BB. I'm not bothered about Button, he'll fold.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:47 AM

Yes, you did... when I said I was dissenting, I was referring to hand 1.

I'm waiting for the self appointed "weak tight police" to descend upon me for that one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 11:02 AM

I'd push 1 and 2, and fold 3. I think 1 is the easiest push of all. I'm definitely not folding that hand 4 handed.

If the button hadn't called in 3, I'd push, even though the BB is the big stack. But I think either BB or button calls with an A.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:14 AM

I'm very interested in seeing the OP post the results of these hands. I don't think that hand 1 is as clear cut a push as everyone is saying.

Button has just raised 40% of his stack. If you fold, you can easily steal from the BB almost at will. I wouldn't be surprised if you are at best a coinflip with the button here, and I don't think that you have tremendous FE by pushing. (Not saying that FE is zero, but I don't think he's likely folding.)

ATs is a very strong hand 4 handed, but for the reasons that I've mentioned, I think that folding is okay here.

I'm not necessarily advocating folding, but I think that sometimes we see two pretty cards and say "auto-push" without giving the situation sufficient thought. I certainly do NOT think that this is an auto push. There is a bit more to it, IMO. I'm just trying to get people to look a little deeper into the situation. What hands would you raise 40% of your stack with here (Button is not chip desperate) and then fold to a push? If I raised 40% of my stack here (as opposed to pushing), I'd have a hand that would hold up very well against AT. Add to that the fact that if you fold, you can easily steal from the guy to your left and the hand becomes a bit more complicated, IMO. Just a thought... flame away.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:17 AM

1. Easy push. You are ahead of villain's range if he's raising often in position.

2. I yell at SB for acting out of turn.

3. I fold and hope BB and button go at it.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:20 AM

I like a push on all 3. (Though after reading some of the responses, stop n go on hand 1 looks good as well and maybe better for hand 1.)

Hand 2 looks messed up. How can SB complete and then BB folds and then the action is to you? I assume you're in BB, it is folded to SB who completes and then action to you.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. I yell at SB for acting out of turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

1 - I think that its very read dependant but I think that your probably against 2 high cards because I would think if he had a low medium pair he would have went all in with it and therefore you would be all in against I would assume a approx range of j10+ and probably about a 1/3% chance of a total bluff. Therefore I think I would push with this most of the time.

2. is an easy push
3. Fold, no need to play a marginal hand in that situation.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:08 PM

1. Fold
2. Push
3. Is interesting if he was been playing weak his limp either is a trap or a weak limp with a marginal hand it all depends on your read of the limper, sorry I couldn't help more. If he is limping a lot weak push, if he is folding a lot weak probably fold.