Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-30-2005, 02:05 PM

Default What would you do?

Will post this in MTT also..

FullTilt $100+$9 NLHE – 78 players (9 places paid)

Bubble time (12 remaining)

Villian = Chip leader – T25,526
Hero – T19,652 (2nd in chips)

Table has gone super tight and is getting tighter the closer we are getting to the $$
Read on villian is that he is a TAG. Played with him a few times so far and he has only shown down premium hands. I’ve also been playing TAG, but looser than villian, but haven't tried anything crazy.

Table is 6 handed – blinds 300/600
Hero in CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Folded to Hero who bets 1600, folded to villian in BB who raises to 2750, Hero calls
Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero bets 3000, villian check-raises All-in, hero folds

Anyone call here? I did not want to bust from 2nd and not make the money so late. Push the flop???

There were 2 players around T750 and 3 others less than T2000. Decided to pick a better spot and not tangle too much w/ chip leader yet. I know, I should not have been thinking of the $$ yet, but oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Folding here dropped me to 5th in chips, but I was still in decent shape.

Thoughts?
Old 08-30-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

I'd consider folding to the reraise against the chip leader...you should be avoiding him.

Since you called, I check behind on that flop and pray to spike a J....you are losing to most hands that would reraise here. You have top pair no kicker. You have to fold after he pushes. Never bet if you have a hand that might improve to be the winning hand but can't call a checkraise if it happens....which is the case here against the only player at the table that can bust you.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:32 PM

Fold to the reraise preflop. You don't want to go up against this guy, not to mention you said he was a decent player only showing premium hands. This means his reraise (most of the time) is going to mean something strong then AT. He doesn't want to go up against your big stack anymore than you should want to go up against his.

He has the goods. Fold to his raise preflop next time and save yourself some chips.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:46 PM

You can't really call here.

Chip Leader's all-in was his way of telling you he had a high pair + (either high kicker, two pair, or draw) and this way he doesn't lose to a freak draw out--and you save your chips for the next deal.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:50 PM

Once BB reraises, you're playing for two pair or better. Anything else you're giving up. The check was a gift, check behind. Don't put a cent more into this pot unless you make a straight.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:52 PM

he's getting great odds to double up here. Why fold preflop getting 4 to 1? We know what villian has and it's hard not to play correct here.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:17 PM

You are either up against 2 pair or a set. I am surprised you call the reraise even with position because this is the one player you want to avoid. After you bet the flop, there is no way you can call his all-in. He is practically telling you he has you beat and your going to have to risk your stack to outdraw him. Clear fold.