Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Standard Fold wit Trip Js?

Is this hand standard?

2/4 NL on party.

Dealt to hero on the button with J/T off. LP (~350) miniraises, CO calls, I call (~320), blinds fold.

Flop is J/J/3r. ck, ck, i bet 24 into ~32 pot. LP now miniraises 48. I call. Turn is a blank. Pot is ~120, villain bets 90, I call. River is a blank, he pushes... I had thought he had AA but I just could not see him pushing this river. I fold. Comments?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Standard Fold wit Trip Js?

tough spot, especially since you've put in half your stack going to the river. why did you put him on AA?

for me the trouble here is the turn. i would have advocated a raise to 200-250 after his 90 bet, but that's essentially committed you since you started with just over 300. so you have to have had a plan on the flop...

the best line in my opinion, maybe i'm being too results oriented, is to 3-bet to 150 on flop, and then decide from there. that way you're not giving him control of the hand.
the turn bet is begging to be calling and it's hard to get away with it, and it's impossible to raise without committing yourself. on the riv it's your gut instinct, he could have overpair (but is OP really minraising pf?), missed AK, small pair, etc. but he could just as easily have AJ - but, i assume you folded.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Standard Fold wit Trip Js?

I raise of fold on turn, If I think I'm good obviously I raise, if I think I'm beat I fold on turn. To be 100% honest depends so much on villian, but you lose to AJ KJ QJ and split with JT, and you beat J9, if you think he might be retarded (which is possible on pp 400) then raise turn, but I fold on turn