Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Call down mode, too weak?

Misread the river card again, I SUCK. I think I might need glasses since i tend to see a 6 in an 8 alot on the computer. Anyways, I still think a C/R on the turn is the way to go, but showing down A-hi has its merits because of what I said in my previous post about villain having a small PP.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but showing down A-hi has its merits because of what I said in my previous post about villain having a small PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think showing doen A hi might have merit here, but you realize a small pocket pair wins, right?

I might be misunderstanding your post.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 AM

lkjsdlafkjdlkfajdfjadfkjadlkfjlsdakj (my brain hurts)

Ok, I triple misread the post & will stop posting for a while cause I appear blind. Scratch my 2nd post & I still think my first(and correct reading) comments on the hand are good.

I think you are not beating anyone here with A-hi even 1 in 20 times. I think you either have to make that play for the pot on the turn or give up on the turn.

Just to clarify, the board at the river looks like: 8 8 5 7 8!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are not beating anyone here with A-hi even 1 in 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with this. There are a lot of players you are ahead of way more than that. We don't have enough information to know if this is one of them though.

The preflop read is really important here. If the villian is really tight, the hero is almost never ahead here because he would not coldcall with anything that we beat except something like KQs. He would probably only coldcall with better aces or pocket pairs.

If the villian is loose and likes to bluff (particularly against the hero), we are ahead of a lot of total bluffs or semibluff flush draws.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are not beating anyone here with A-hi even 1 in 20 time

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2005, 01:54 AM

Does any one check the flop here???
Old 08-18-2005, 05:29 AM

(havent read other reply's)
Since he plays weak hands the same way, but of course aint going anywhere when you force control in this hand, checkcalling (how dreadful it may be) seems like the only thing to do. With the hands hes coldcalling with i guess the chance of him being on a draw on this flop is bigger than him having a pair should make you show an automatic profit on opting to call down in these instances. If you would know that he'd 3-bet hands like AJo and up preflop that would help in the fact you know you are holding the nuts-no-pair in this HU-match. These kinds of hands suck though, and they will suck for all of eternity. We're with you....
Old 08-18-2005, 07:24 AM

Default Results

Thanks guys.
I think part of the reason that I called down here, although it didn't occur to me conciously, was that villain would have 3-bet preflop with a lot of the hands that beat me here: AJ and up, 99 and up. His cold-calling range is probably something like Axs, any two broadway (except AK-AJ), and any pp<99.

I think folding the turn UI would have been ok, but it felt like a flush draw (I don't have the balls to cr the turn with no pair no draw, but maybe I need to grow some), and obviously if I'm ahead on the turn I'm ahead on the river, and I think this is probably one of those rivers where check-calling is better than bet-folding.

Anyway, it wasn't a flush draw. Villain showed QJo to my surprise. Meh.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys.
I think part of the reason that I called down here, although it didn't occur to me conciously, was that villain would have 3-bet preflop with a lot of the hands that beat me here: AJ and up, 99 and up. His cold-calling range is probably something like Axs, any two broadway (except AK-AJ), and any pp<99.

I think folding the turn UI would have been ok, but it felt like a flush draw (I don't have the balls to cr the turn with no pair no draw, but maybe I need to grow some), and obviously if I'm ahead on the turn I'm ahead on the river, and I think this is probably one of those rivers where check-calling is better than bet-folding.

Anyway, it wasn't a flush draw. Villain showed QJo to my surprise. Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post. good call down.