Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 200m. Who finishes LAST?
dachsund 8 47.06%
yorkshire terrier 4 23.53%
Michael Johnson 5 29.41%
bassett hound 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Game selection poll

[ QUOTE ]
If the table looks good (lets say 2 45 VPIP-players to your right, the other 2 ~25VPIP) but the player directly to your left has stats like 70/15/1, do you sit down?
Table looks awesome but you will get the button considerably less often than with a tight player behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more than made for due to the fact that a 70/15 player is god awful and will pay you off, even when you are out of position.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:19 PM

I don't go for the absolute largest pot size, because I think that attracts other good players.

I go for decent pot size tables. After GT+ gets running, I dump the ones that actually suck and find a few new ones.

Repeat until all my tables are good. I've almost always got one table going to [censored].
Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 PM

I really wonder what value I lose by doing a mix of A and C.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:27 PM

I used to be so good at table selection with Poker-Edge, open a bunch of tables and find ones filled with loose fish. Now though, I just do A and try and rotate out bad tables. Damn Party for blocking my table selection tool, now I have to start datamining on my own.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:03 PM

I think at the higher limits that table selection may be more important. Maybe some 20/40 30/60 players can comment. I think just about any 5/10 table you sit at is gonna have at least 1-2 fish.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:06 PM

I literally had never even heard of Poker Edge until it was banned... looks like I missed out.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:07 PM

When I play higher limits without 6 max, I use extreme game selection, but only because it's easier to look at every single game running short and decide which the best is, if any at all are worth playing.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 PM

I think sorting by pot size is the absolute easiest way to fid a good table. Sure the table may get bad after a while but I rarely have problems with finding a lot of action fast when using the pot size sort.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:01 PM

Picking the tables with largest average pots is IMHO overated for game selection. I rather have a lot of passive ppl that calls down and doesn't do a lot of raising especially when I play several (3+) tables.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 PM

With PE table selection was a beautiful thing, but since then I have found a decent way. I use Partymine and run it every night, sometimes during theday, and I use PA which pops up the stats before sitting down. I usually have stats on at least half the table if not all. I haven't found a great way to find good tables shorthanded, but at full ring if you picked up the tables that were shorthanded they were almost always comprised of fish. I think that the mediocre TAGs don't like shorthanded so that meant only the fish would be playing them. I discovered that if anything, the lowest pot average could be better than the high pot average because TAGs go for high pot averages even though it usually means nothing.