Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: bah. . . error

It looked like BB bet out and called 2-cold after SB check/3-bet the flop. I think AA is fairly likely here, but it certainly isn't impossible for him to have AK with a club or 2, or KK on a wonky free-showdown attempt. Calling the river (and his checkraise) is probably better here, but I don't think it matters much. I'd still 3-bet the turn though and call down if capped (with UTG calling along, I think you are missing significant value by not doing this). That game is certainly aggro enough that I'm not looking to save bets with a boat in this spot. You have enough of a hand that 5 bets on the turn/river is probably right around where you want to be, but given that bb may well fold the hands you beat for 2 cold on the river, why risk the 3-bet?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:50 AM

Default I MESSED UP THE ACTION, READ THIS FIRST. . .

utg limp, i limp utg+1 with 88, sb raises, bb 3 bets, ytg and I call, sb calls. . .

flop 8c 4d 4c (derb). . . sb checks, bb bets, utg calls, i raise, sb folds, BB 3 bets, utg calls, i cap, both call. . .

turn Ah, checks to me, I bet, BB check-raises, utg calls, I call. . .

river 5c. . . utg pauses for like 4 seconds and checks, utg bets. . . what's my river plan?
Old 06-13-2005, 01:15 PM

Default I think you\'re good

I don't think you have to worry about UTG because he obviously doesn't have AA (44 is more likely than AA here, and it's pretty obvious he doesn't have that either). BB might have AA, but I highly doubt it. Why wouldn't he lead out on the turn considering that you've shown enough strength to call a 3bet PF and then went wild on the flop with a raise and a cap? It seems like the C/R there is going to limit the size of the pot when he could be making it bigger (a c/r is more likely to drive out utg if he checks it to the hero and has to call 2 cold when it comes back to him. He would want UTG to call atleast 1 bet, and judging by the capped flop by the hero, hero's not going anywhere and is probably raising. This gives him the opportunity to 3 bet with AA rather than getting the 2bb into the pot with the c/r). If either one of your opponents had AA, I think they played it poorly. I would be aggressive here because I think you have the best hand a large % of the time. the UTG bet on the river is strange but I don't think it says AA or 44. The BB might still have AA but if he does, he has made a stupid play on the turn. I raise the river and consider folding if it comes back to me capped.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: party 30-60 river plan with a boat. . .

wow I'd be incapable of folding that hand. I guess I have a lot to learn.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:57 PM

Default did i set a record?

for messing up the action in one thread. I think I've done it 4 or 5 times.

"river 5c. . . utg pauses for like 4 seconds and checks, utg bets. . . what's my river plan?"

should read. . .

"river 5c. . . BB pauses for like 4 seconds and checks, utg bets. . . what's my river plan?"
Old 06-13-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: did i set a record?

Any way you want to type it you should three-bet the turn.

-Diplomat
Old 06-14-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: did i set a record?

i'm not getting it. . . why should i 3 bet the turn given that there is no way i am folding the hand. . . .
Old 06-14-2005, 12:09 AM

3betting and folding to a cap sucks always and forever. If you really must put him on specifically AA or 44 then call down. I feel dirty even writing that. 3bet the turn, call a cap, and put 1 or 2 bets in on the river.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:24 AM

Smells so much like AA in an aggressive game. The BB was aggressive as he could have been preflop.

If you're not going to fold here, then on the river - i'd probably just call a bet.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: I MESSED UP THE ACTION, READ THIS FIRST. . .

This post kind of drifted, prob due to the fact i messe4d up the action like 5 times but anyways. Anyways, I just shut down after the turn cr. When utg bet the river, I called with the intention of calling a cr. . . I am not convinced 3 betting the turn is the right play as Diplomat thinks. anyone else?