Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: SNG Specific Hand Tracking App

How are you figuring the ranking? I guess I don't really understand what the number means.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:52 PM

you know , you could probably do that in excel with the data query tool actually pull the data out of the PT database (just give it a tourney #?) if you need help with the sql query, give me a holler.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:54 PM

I'm getting the ranking from a computer simulation that was done on the net a while back with millions of hands and it looked at each hole card possibility against 1 to 9 opponents assuming everyone goes to showdown. It then ranked each hand based on the number of opponents and chance of winning so, for example, low pocket pairs are much higher ranked against 1 opponent than 9.

I then look at what percentage of possible hands that your hole cards are better than (or equal to). So A7s against 9 opponents is 88% meaning that it has a winning percentage greater than 88% of possible hole cards combinations.

The rank is really just a quick number to quickly gauge the hand - I want to add more SNG applicable numbers here but am looking for advice.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2005, 02:03 PM

What I really want to do with this is get it to the point where you could input rules based on level, players remaining and stack size and have it highlight questionable hands for quick review.

You would then be able to either justify your move based on reads or learn from it and try not to make the same mistake next time.

That's the plan anyways! The first part was pretty easy - creating a semi-advanced analyzer that spots issues is not so easy but no question it can be done.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:05 PM

check out pokeroffice. i like it much better than poker tracker
Old 06-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Wow pokeroffice now includes PV-like features? Including odds. Damn, thinking buying PV was a big mistake. I'm gonna download the trial version and play around with it tonight.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:36 PM

I use PokerOffice, it's great, but I like the fact that hardly anyone uses it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 02:42 PM

My thread got hijacked! Well I guess the message is that there isn't enough value in this right now to be of much use to the 2+2 community. I'll work on the second part (analyzing decisions and making rules) and post when done.

If anyone has anything they would like to see then let me know!