Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 02:14 PM

Default SNG Specific Hand Tracking App

Hi,

Been a long time reader of 2+2 and have done quite well in SNG's especially since finding this site and learning the power of the push.

I was looking for an app that would analyze a tournament and show each hand, my position, stack sizes, how I played it and the end result. I do have Poker Tracker but it doesn't do what I want for SNG's.

I have not seen an app like this so I'm probably just going to build it myself but wanted to see if anyone had ideas on what they would like to see in it. I'd make it available for free as a small repayment to these forums - really just want something that I could go over later and quickly see how I played an SNG.

rvg
Old 06-01-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: SNG Specific Hand Tracking App

i don't understand what it is that pokertracker doesn't do that you want it to do, but i think that if it doesn't do it, nothing currently available does.

new programs are always welcome, and good luck with your programming.

welcome to the forum.

citanul
Old 06-01-2005, 02:17 PM

have you seen/tried the replayer? works for PP and PS (after conversion)...not sure if it supports any other sites.

replayer
Old 06-01-2005, 03:50 PM

rvg, I've got something like this in the works. I'm actually trying to finish up a new hand converter since the old one is busted, then I'm going to take it to the next step and do full tournament conversion to a summary. That's what I really want, to be able to post an entire hand history in some sort of format that people can/will actually look at.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:01 PM

You can write your own script to extract what you're looking for out of Poker Tracker's database. It's just an Access database that can be mined. Check out PT's forum and see if you can find some help there. No point wasting all that data you've already mined.. just to get it in the format you want.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the comments and info,

Hummusx, I think we're thinking along the same lines with the one page tournament summary concept. Since yours isn't ready yet I'll probably take a crack at it to have something basic running for the short term.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 06-07-2005, 01:34 AM

So something like this was what I was thinking (this shows the first 4 hands of the SNG):

SNG Chart

Orange = Small Blind
Red = Big Blind

R(80) = Raise of 80
C(15) = Call of 15
etc

You would have 1 line per hand in the SNG and below this there would be another section that showed in more detail any hands you played.

The idea behind this is it is a 1 to 2 page printable view of the SNG.

Anything that already does this? Do you see value in this? Should I continue? Any other fields I should add?

rvg
Old 06-07-2005, 09:14 AM

The problem is that it only gives you the preflop play. I'm not sure a chart is the ideal view for poker hands.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the comments,

I was trying to determine the best way to show this information and a chart seemed like a good fit.

The top section of the chart would be completely focused on preflop play and then there would be a second section below this that would show all played hands in more detail. Maybe a summary at the very top with key stats would help?

I'm going to probably go ahead and find a few hours to build this over the next week or two so if anyone plan on using this and has anything they would like to see added then let me know.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 06-09-2005, 01:41 PM

I have just about finished version 0.1 of the program and here is an updated tournament view:

SNG Chart

Orange = Small Blind
Red = Big Blind

Grey = You folded hand preflop

Rank = Percentile strength of hand vs number of opponents remaining (so AA = 100% and 72o usually 0%)

I was thinking about adding some ICM type stats here as well or maybe a ranking of how the hand plays heads up against a typical all-in calling hand. Anybody have any suggestions?