Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Why being a luckbox far outweighs being weak-tight early on

This is a brainless call. To fold this would be silly and not because of the results but because of the pot odds you were getting as well as the fact you were already invested even though it was only 30 chips but if you hit you take down a monster. Very Weak tight fold here.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a brainless call. To fold this would be silly and not because of the results but because of the pot odds you were getting as well as the fact you were already invested even though it was only 30 chips but if you hit you take down a monster. Very Weak tight fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Invested"? WTF does that mean? Once you have personally put some chips in a pot it alters the decisions that you make from that point on? Look I know the WPT & ESPN guys misuse the term constantly, but "pot-committed", which is the concept I think you are going for here, has to do with the odds that the pot are giving you relative to the size bet you have to put in to stay in the hand. You can be pot-committed without having put any money in yet - because the odds the pot is giving you make a call +EV.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Ok, BB raised to 125 and got two limpers to call before it can back to me. Is this fold really that stupid with two limpers still up behind me? If the answer is yes than this "silly" thread has thought me a good lesson that I will be thankful for.

The deciding factor for my fold was the two people behind me and that this was still just level 1 and if I've got a bunch of opponents that want to get crazy than I'll let them and keep my chips. If I could have called and closed the action I no doubt would have done so.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:15 PM

I might be weak tight, but i don't mind this fold. If you call and fold on flop you are left w/ 645. I'd much rather have 740-- because anytime u get ~600 you start to get desperate at the 800 chip game. However, ~600 is very close to the perfect sized stack to start doing some PVS's. Meh i fold, and keep my ROI below 10%.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, this hand sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing the converter is a total JOPKE.

Bah....go look at the pretty converticized $215 hand I played! You gotta have that donk in your DB and provide insight.....

Yugoslav
Old 06-01-2005, 03:57 PM

you get desperate with 600 chips in level 2?

the extra 95 chips to possibly triple up or better here is well worth it.