Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: The Contender Season Finale

NBC fcked this one up. the commentary was horrible. all sly kept saying since the first round was "we need a rematch", lol.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think both fights are gonna be good... can't wait until they get to the fights

[/ QUOTE ]
both fights? theres another one after the one that just finished at 9:45, or did i miss the first one?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:49 PM

jesse vs. alphonso (undercard)
peter vs. sergio (main event)
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 PM

Seriously all Sly talked about was a rematch...How about you enjoy the fight you are watchin.

I thought the fight was incredible. I thought this was entire series was one of the best shows on TV I can remember. A true reality show, where at least they decided their own fates. No voting, no audience vote etc.

The concept was great but I agree with NBC dropping the ball on their coverage.

Congrats Suited on your bet, and making the threads each week to talk about.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought the fight was incredible. I thought this was entire series was one of the best shows on TV I can remember. A true reality show, where at least they decided their own fates. No voting, no audience vote etc.

Congrats Suited on your bet, and making the threads each week to talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, ditto on all of that. This blew away just about every show I can think of in recent memory, and I enjoyed the post-game here in OOT every week too.

Did you guys see the quick recaps of the other Contender fights? Ishe beat Bonsante, and put on a hat on that said, "I'M the #1 Daddy"- I just about fell off the couch. I hope we haven't seen the last of these guys, there were some good fighters in there. And hey, Sergio just beat the #3 ranked middleweight, maybe he'll get a shot at the real title sometime?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:33 PM

About that I'M the #1 daddy hat...I saw that too and was actually going to make another post about it, but I was posting too much on here...That was hilarious though..good catch...

It was so funny how it was just written on a plain white hat with a sharpie.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Chop?

Anyone think that the Final Four (Sergio, Peter, Jesse, Alfonso) agreed to a chop prior to the semi-final round?

(This point was brought up in a prior thread. Wondering what people think now after seeing the results of the championship bout)

I think there are arguments for both a chop & a non-chop. It could be argued that Sergio is too smart of a fighter to get caught up in trash-talk with Peter's corner if the whole $1 million really was at stake here. He would have been as dead-on focused as he was in prior fights. Sergio's seemingly non-chalant attitude could be construed as if the fight perhaps really didn't mean THAT much (monetarily).

However, following the decision, Peter Manfredo looked EXTREMELY distraught. Had they chopped, he probably would'nt have been hanging his head so low after the decision and would have instead viewed the fight as just another loss. This fight was clearly more than just a blemish on his record ... it was about something more important: 1 million greenbacks.

So what do you think- Chop or No Chop?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:49 PM

Default results

I felt sergio won the fight, but the margin that he won was a bit extreme. I felt it was much closer than the judges... anyone else agree with that?

also, nbc's job of doing this show really really sucked
Old 05-24-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Chop?

i'm not a fighter, nor do I know any... but don't they seem a bit too prideful to chop? I see some of them viewing a win just as equal as the money
Old 05-24-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Chop?

Correct me if I'm wrong, since I only saw the first episode and the last, but I'm pretty sure Peter lost his first fight. How was he still in this thing?