Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 09:51 PM

Default The Devil made me scared

CO in this hand was a habitual stealer. UTG was a typical fish playing everything and everything. My preflop 3-bet was show CO I was sick of his raising and an attempt to drive our table's resident bystander and his compadre out.

Once CO capped PF I decided to give him credit for a real hand. The flop shows me he definitely had QQ-AA from my read on him.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (19 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

The Turn c/r from our bystander had me a little peeved. I dont know if a 3bet is in order here although I am confident I would lose CO chasing his 2 outer. My instinct was to give UTG the credit for having the 4 about 50% of the time. I dont think he was oblivious to seeing this war ensue and only hop in the fray with a potential winner.

Too weak? What do you do here?

I think a turn call is fair, and a raise on the river?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: The Devil made me scared

With two limpers already in, I don't think CO is really trying to steal here. I'd probably just cold call this preflop depending on my chances of getting the limpers out. More often than not they're here to stay so I'll just call. Rest of the hand looks fine.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:00 PM

i wouldnt three low PP with this many callers.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:53 PM

I didnt think it was so much a steal, but he was doing it way too often. I do still think it was a good raise with the hopes of getting the 2 limpers out. Well it got one out.

I also thought that if I hit this flop it gives my hand a ton of deception. Regardless of what CO has, if I fire at this flop he is going to try and raise me off my overcards or see where he is at himself. Him capping gives me a lot more information as well I feel.

I wasnt concerned about the preflop maneuver until you mentioned it. I really think I blew a river raise looking back.

Now since maybe I have an avatar, I'll get noticed and get some help.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 12:08 AM

The avatar is cute. Maybe I should get a bouncing Tigger or something for mine.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:20 AM

I would play this one really straightforwardly.

Just call preflop - I see no sense in three-betting 66 in this multiway pot. All you do is cut down your implied odds. You won't get it heads up.

Go to town on the flop, as you did.

When the lurker from the previous two streets wakes up on the turn, I am ready to give him a decent amount of credit for the straight, so I call down unless it pairs on the river, in which case a check-raise would seem to be in order.

Guy.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:30 AM

Preflop is really bad with the previous callers. Position..... Everything else is standard.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:42 PM

UTG flipped over pocket 2's for a smaller set.

CO had KK.

If I was on the button, is it ok to 3-bet preflop given the conditions I described?