Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 05-19-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Guess I did scare them off...

Any other way to play this, really?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Guess I did scare them off...

Hmm...I like it, although the raise on the flop is quite bold.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:43 AM

You could just call the flop. If I knew it would turn out the way it did with a flop raise I'd do it, but it's not going to often. I just call the flop.

Sounds like you wanted to keep people in? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2005, 04:44 AM

ide say that there are some good buddy list additions here
Old 05-19-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheeeeeit... just calling in that spot guarantees that the two behind me coldcall, and possibly raise their Kx trash. I was trying to get it headsup with the flop better, and was folding to a re-raise.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ide say that there are some good buddy list additions here

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. You can search out these guys on a day you don't feel like being outdrawn on.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheeeeeit... just calling in that spot guarantees that the two behind me coldcall, and possibly raise their Kx trash. I was trying to get it headsup with the flop better, and was folding to a re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I would probably have folded that hand to the flop bet, considering there are 2 overs. Bad play?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could just call the flop. If I knew it would turn out the way it did with a flop raise I'd do it, but it's not going to often. I just call the flop.

Sounds like you wanted to keep people in? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite the contrary -- I was trying to win the pot right then and there, with the flop raise. With two overs on the flop, and a flush and a straight draw out there -- my 10s, if they had any equity left after the flop, were very vulnerable on the turn and river. I raised hoping to knock out the two behind me, and if the bettor called, I was either calling or raising, depending on what fell on the turn.

I figured I had a decent shot headsup, and next to hopeless shot 4-way.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty bad. If you do raise you should call a reraise as you're getting correct odds. The reason I say just call on the flop is because the odds are good enough, and they're even better once the pad is potted if he 3 bets. I would fold in a smaller pot but you have a couple of marginal backdoor draws and your set draw which makes peeling one ok.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I would probably have folded that hand to the flop bet, considering there are 2 overs. Bad play?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't ever consider representing AKo in that scenario? I managed to scare off any Jx, and any Kx -- except for AK (obviously). My tens probably weren't the best hand after the flop (unless those coldcallers are complete Leroy Jenkins's) so I though the pot was just big enough to risk and extra SB if I had any chance at all.