Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Babe\'s Best Boyz for 2005

As is the tradition every May, here is my list of “Babe’s Best Boyz” for 2005. The criteria for getting on the list are that you LGPG (look good, play good) or some combination. Being a good pal to the Babe MAY also get one on the list. Mainly, the boy has to be consistently in contact with the Babe so she can monitor his “action”.

Here are the Babe’s Best Boyz for 2005:

1). Jason Brown – This boy is the best of all, and wins for favorite two years in a row. He’s damn cute, nice as can be and an excellent poker player as well. We always have a great time and long, long dinner conversations about poker. Babe’s husband even likes him despite his pokerchat (lol). I absolutely adore Jason.

2). Bob S. - Bob S. is Babe’s youngest boy. When Vehn made disparaging remarks about the Babe, Bob quickly came to my defense. He also gets best boy points for donating to the Toys for Tots campaign after getting 114 of my hard-earned red chips in the Mirage 20-40 game. I don’t know who he felt more sorry for ...the Babe or the kids, but the gesture was enough to make Best boy status. Also, Bob plays a good golf game (hits the ball 300 yards), but Babe beat him on the backside. Looks like a grudge match is coming soon.
Bob will have to quit smoking if he wants to maintain his Best Boy status.

3). Tommy Angelo- Tommy makes the list again . After a bit of a scuffle about a hand played involving Babe and Tommy, (the J,4 from October), we got into a 20-40 game together the next day. Tommy open raised, I 3 bet and he folded for one more bet heads up. He is the only boy I know that would do that, and thus, his best boy status remains for 05.

4). Leon - Leon is the only person I know who can win for 2 days in a row at everything from craps to blackjack to poker. He is amazingly smart and competitive, but does not appear arrogant in the least. Babe loves to chat about poker, medicine and the quality of life with leon. Kudos on ditching that smoking habit, leon.

5). Barry Tanenbaum- Babe’s coach and mentor makes the list again for his exceptional advice, easy accessibility and wonderful friendship. Barry never gets really upset about anything related to poker, trading or golf. He’s an “all around” non-tilter. He’s the only person I know that sometimes feels he didn’t lose “enough” on a hand. Love his style and fearlessness.

6). Jay Celesti- Babe’s pal from Ohio makes the list for quitting his job to pursue golf, poker and trading full time. It took me darn near a year to convince him to ditch that job, but he finally listened to the Babe and is now as happy as can be. I do so wish he would make up his mind about buying a house in Vegas so we could hang out more. I mean, after 3 years, wouldn’t you think the guy could make a decision?

7). John P. (aka Old fart). This boy is one of the Babe’s good pals. We talk almost everyday about everything from poker to food. We fight and argue and then he admits I am right (LOL). He’s a bit of a grinder and somewhat conservative in his poker playing but I love him anyway. He should quit smoking but I know he won’t so he will just have to admit I am right (again) and let it go. When you are an “old fart”, it’s hard to change.

8). Barry- Barry Howe makes the list for being very considerate and easy going about plans when he is in Vegas. He always touches base with the Babe before planning his day. He’s a pretty good golfer and poker player and has curbed his temper a lot in the last year. He’s a wonderful husband and father and just a heck of a good guy all around. Like Bob S, he must ditch the smoking habit pronto if he wants to remain on the list.

9). Paul (pokerdick). Paul is simply one of my best friends and poker pals. He is always on the Babe’s list. However, his diet and exercise program needs LOTS of work. Come on pokerdick, get to the gym.

10). Key West Mike- I actually am one of the few people that sees the BEST in KW Mike. His skills extend beyond the green felt and his command of the English language is tops among ALL the boyz. However, he does get a bit “pissy” at times, and is sometimes stubborn to a fault. Still has the largest collection on Vegas logowear of all the boyz, and some of these items are real antiques.

11). Abe - (aka) Dan. Dan makes the list for the cute little gifts he gives Babe each time he is in town. I am yet to see him show for the BBB golf tourney, but he says this year is a go. Also, I am still waiting to see the Babe’s stories show up on his website.

Honorable mention:

Sin City Guy- Sin makes the HM list for his cold and calculating poker tactics online. This boy has every conceivable tool for acquiring an edge in his play. I admire his studious and clever tactics.

Dynasty- I see D about 3 times a year, but he will play in the Babe’s Best Boyz Golf tournament again and that, in and of itself, is reason to make the list.. See you in June, D.

Les- Babe’s English boy looks great with the short hair cut (although he always had “great hair”). We didn’t spend enough time together this year to put him on the main list, however.

Steve Evans- For always thinking of the Babe when there are books, logowear or other special items available. Made a special trip to the Mirage to present me with an autographed copy of Super System II.

Thanks to all the Boyz and as always,

LGPG

Babe [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Babe\'s Best Boyz for 2005

Honored as always.

The next time I come out we need to hit the Mandalay again as that was simply too fun.

see ya

Leon
Old 05-02-2005, 10:34 PM

how does one get invited to this golf tourney? My GF and I are moving to Vegas next week and it'd be great to grab a drink with you and/or other 2+2ers who live there...

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like Bob S, he must ditch the smoking habit pronto if he wants to remain on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that that may be the best reason for me to quit. Looking forward to seeing you again next week.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:30 PM

Hi Everyone:

David and I think that the Pokerbabe has completely lost it. Doesn't everyone else agree.

Best wishes,
mason
Old 05-03-2005, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

David and I think that the Pokerbabe has completely lost it. Doesn't everyone else agree.

Best wishes,
mason

[/ QUOTE ]

someone jealous for not getting mentioned?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 12:18 AM

Don't worry Mason, you and David are still on my top 10 list [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 AM

Hi Dominic

The invited list for the golf tournament is very short. However, you are certainly welcome to join us and see if you can become a Best Boy (lol). The tournament this year is June 17th, and you can reach me via email at pokerbabe1 @ yahoo.com or via PM on this site. You can also find me Tues-sat at Mirage 20-40 game before 5pm.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

LGPG

Old 05-03-2005, 10:11 AM

Poor Brighten.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:18 AM

Dude, I need to do more than see the little elf if he's to get on the list, eh? He's got great potential, however. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

LGPG