Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-26-2005, 11:01 AM

Default deer droping antlers

its time for them, and for me to walk around the property and find nice ones. usually good for a couple five pointers. no beavers out in the river yet. they must be having young in the nests and when they pop out, down goes the willow and cottonwood bushes and trees.
We had no snow on the ground all winter long. this week got some and its still sticking because of the cool weather. Our snowppack is below 50% of normal and expecting low river flows this summer.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: deer droping antlers

Do they let you trap beaver out there? You can go to jail if you do it here, so we just live in the fear of random flooding.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:58 PM

Long ago if seems, I posted about finding a great pair of elk antlers. I found them while bushwhacking cross country and they are in great shape, a hair more than 3-feet tall, and are a large 5 point rack. I packed them out (a chore as they are quite heavy) and they lean up next to my fireplace. I also have an elk skull on the fireplace mantle and two large elk vertabra that decorate my wood CD holders.

We got lots of snow, in fact it snowed last night and now I am about to go cross-country skiing.

The low river flows will impact fishing right?

Hope you had a fun and relaxing time on your vacation/trip along the west coast.

-Zeno
Old 03-26-2005, 05:31 PM

hehe we can just about hand feed the deer on some of our properities b/c everyone around us hunts them...so they all run to our spread to hide out lol its sorta funny....our poor horses get so mad cause they just continue to stay most of the year. One of them chases them for fun...i think shes delusional
Old 03-26-2005, 05:36 PM

Don't tease me guys. Bowhunting is my first addiction and Sept 15 is still a long long ways away.

If a 5 pointer is big you must be talking mule deer.

I have a carved elk antler from a Zumi(?) indian in AZ. Wish I had a camera to drop a photo inline.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hehe we can just about hand feed the deer on some of our properities b/c everyone around us hunts them...so they all run to our spread to hide out lol its sorta funny....our poor horses get so mad cause they just continue to stay most of the year. One of them chases them for fun...i think shes delusional

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i wish i lived on a ranch.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zumi(?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Zuni
Old 03-26-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i dont live there...i live in the city...our ranch house is in the mountains
Old 03-26-2005, 08:08 PM

I've got to come back to Kalispell for a week in April - probably after the 16th -

should be good - springtime in MT always rocks - hopefully it will have melted by then in the valley and up in the hills where Dad lives.

RB
Old 03-26-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i dont live there...

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? horses chasing deer for fun... it sounds great. i'm not kidding, btw, in case that isn't clear.