Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Top 2 on a one-suited flop

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call one bet or check it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think checking the river through sucks if there isn't much action on the turn and two non hearts fall.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call one bet or check it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think checking the river through sucks if there isn't much action on the turn and two non hearts fall.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right the only hands you beat are one pair hands. If they paid off on the turn they will pay off on the river. If I'm check raised I'm folding.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$3-$6 game last night. Table is fairly weak-tight from what I've observed, a dream game, really. I limp in late position behind two other limpers (one EP, one MP) with
K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. BB checks, and we see the flop:

K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, EP limper raises, MP limper folds. 7 1/2 SB in the pot, and it's 2 to me. I don't have any specific reads on either player still in the hand, as I've only been at the table for 15 minutes or so.

Your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop. <font color="red">3-bet the flop </font>. Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.Fold preflop.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think calling is as bad of an option as you think. Actually it may be the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. A big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is gonna call, so raise it up when you're ahead. The odds of fropping a frush are pretty low. Slow down on the turn, not the frop.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm check raised I'm folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this is probably the right play if check/raised on the river.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:01 PM

I wouldn't play this hand, but I don't see how limping in here is a huge mistake if you are a decent postflop player.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. A big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is gonna call, so raise it up when you're ahead. The odds of fropping a frush are pretty low. Slow down on the turn, not the frop.

[/ QUOTE ]
A big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] will call a turn raise also. I never said I'd call the flop because I'm worried about a made flush. But you win more with a turn raise than a flop raise. And you lose less when a fourth heart falls on the turn. However, that's only IF you're bet into again on the turn which is why I don't mind a flop raise. But I think if you call the flop you'll be bet into fairly often in this situation.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Its not a huge mistake but its not a good decision either. And isnt that what we strive for. I would assume its hardly EV enough to make it worth playing.

Most likely he just got bored and started playing.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:52 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Given the opponents, there can be a big difference between their raise and when they 3 bet or cap.

I'd call and see what the next guy does. He isn't 3 betting w/o a flush. He's weak tight. If they continue to get active, you fold. Why raise? Give them 2 more bets to define their hands.

A case could be made for raising, then if they only call, you can fold if bet into on the turn, but if checked to, then you can check behind taking the free card. Your 3 bet could freeze up a paranoid small flush.

[ QUOTE ]
there's probably nothing wrong with folding, as at least one of these shmucks has a heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because they have 'a' heart? Im not folding because of that.

b
Old 03-02-2005, 04:56 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Even if he's on the button against 2 weak tight, predictable opponents? Some may raise this here.

b